ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 FF 54 plate with 56k on the clock - service / cam / air con

Hello there

Have the above car and getting worried about cambelt etc. Need to get it serviced at the end of the year before the MOT. should i be thinking cambelt? i have read a lot of posts on here about getting it done early as its a mess if it snaps. What else would need doing at this kind of mileage too?

Anyone know a cheap but good service, i am based in London but been quoted over £700 from the local garage, have a renault sign but arent renault.

Also need a aircon pipe replacing, been quoted £250 may as well get this done at the same time and just replaced a front spring and CV joint £270. this car is costing a fortune!

I have heard mention of rentech in portsmouth, wonder if they could do all of this in a day whiloe sit around and wait. anyone know what they charge for an hours labour and is this good :)

thanks in advance and sorry if there have been 100 post similar to this

Welsh

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Have a word with JMS, they are based in London iiirc. Cambelt is due on 72k/5 years, whatever comes first, so its due.

can i ask another question in my own thread, just rmembered this. When i am stationary and engage first gear, about 1 second later i can hear/feel a thud as it engages. anyone have an yexperice of this? could it be worn engine mounts?