ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 from Motorpoint

BMW 120i Sport

Hey all,

Test drove a 182 tonight, and im completely sold on the car. I loved everything about it except the cup suspension was a little bit to stiff/harsh for my liking, so ill settle for the normal one.

The dealer offered me £13000 excluding the cup suspension pack, but Motorpoint are £12000 OTR. Mr problem is this,the bloke at the Renault dealership said:

"It wont be a full UK warranty with a car from motorpoint, renault UK wont touch it because its an import".

According to Motorpoint, this isnt true and it comes with a full 3 year manufacturers warranty.

Anyone know anymore about this? or bought from Motorpoint?

Cheers

G

dk

911 GTS Cab

yes it will have a 3 year warranty but you will have to apply for it from renault. It will the same as uk spec excet for that it will not have the cat1 alarm and not windows etching of the chassis number.

Personally, there is no way I would get the 182 WITHOUT the Cup pack ! It is too cheap and makes too much of a difference not to get it IMHO.

BMW 120i Sport

Nah, ive lived with brick suspension for too long and it really has worn me down.

The 182 with cup suspension pack was even more firm than my current car and I found it very twitchy whilst trying to steer and change gear at the same time - the wheel kept wriggling from my hand!

G

Just get some other sports aftermarket suspension or springs and handling will be as good if not better than the Cup pack.

The enault guy is lying they have to honour the 3yr warently so long as you tell Renault Uk about the car. There just trying to convince you to pay for the UK car.

You will need to buy an alarm though on the import, but with an offer like £13k for a non cup packed UK car Id pay the £13.2 for the UK cup suspension packed car thats an excellent price.

Quote: Originally posted by Big G on 09 September 2004

The 182 with cup suspension pack was even more firm than my current car and I found it very twitchy whilst trying to steer and change gear at the same time - the wheel kept wriggling from my hand!
Probably torque stear more than anything or/ and incorrect tyre pressure.

I got mine from Motorpoint and have not regretted it one bit. They come with a two year Renault warranty whereas the dealer cars come with three which is the standard Renault two year warranty extended by a year by the Renault UK. I think im right in saying the 2 year warranty can be extended once purchased. Mine is booked in at Renault for an air-con fix next week so ive not had any probs on that front.

It does not come with window etching, locking whel nuts or an alarm so I bought the CAT1 Cobra alarm which Renault UK put on their cars for £250 fitted and got locking wheel nuts off the web for £15.

On the cup options front I wanted mine to be lower than a three mm reduction anyway so bought aftermarket Apex springs which looks well better than a standard cup set up anyway IMO.

All in all im happy with the car and the buying experience.

[Edited by MikeGG on 10 September 2004 at 8:08am]

[Edited by MikeGG on 10 September 2004 at 8:09am]

Quote: Originally posted by Big G on 09 September 2004

The dealer offered me £13000 excluding the cup suspension pack, but Motorpoint are £12000 OTR. Mr problem is this,the bloke at the Renault dealership said:

"It wont be a full UK warranty with a car from motorpoint, renault UK wont touch it because its an import".

Cheers

G
Dont you love dealer salesmen. Hes lying out of his backside to get a sale. You get 2 years full dealer warrenty plus one year extension if you write to Renault UK.

You get the same car as the guy that bought it from the dealer only cheaper. Dont let anyone tell you different, this coming from someone who has bought 2 cars from Motorpoint.

Yes you do not get the window etching (waste of time anyway), alarm, or wheel nuts. Tbh I wouldnt bother with an alarm unless you live in a dodgy area. You still get the immobiliser on imports.

Clio 200 Cup packed

can please somebody please post the steps of extending the warranty of an import...

i wont have the car that long, but its makes its easier to sell next year...

cheers

Meg on pistonheads £6995

P.S. Motorpoint Finance is dear + admin extras.

I got 3.6% from a Reno Dealer and got within £300 of an import!

it wasnt a 182, but it WAS £1200 off list with only a total of £300 in finance charges for 6.5K of finance (i.e. TOTAL BOTTOM LINE price to pay over 2 years)

£9800 for an 11K car (air, metallic)

£10100 ALL-in

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 10 September 2004

Renault are offering 0% finance on 182s if you pay 35% deposite.
how long is that over Lee? three years?

Clio 200 Cup packed

id like to see anyone get out of that finance deal without being hit with serious charges, should the need be...

Full Fat 182

The other place to get the car from is a broaker.

I paid 12600 for a uk sourced car with the cup spoiler pack (didnt like the susp pack). It is preregistered but has all the etching and alarm and arrived from a renault dealer by transporter to my work.

Chris

CLIO

i got my 172 from motorpoint in burnley and renault have been fine with it mate, serviced it and done stuff under warranty so i wouldnt listen to the renault guy, hes only p#ssed cause hes lost a sale mate..go for it;)

Only thing is,as mentioned above, you might have a problem selling the car. The money you save now (1000quid) youll lose on second hand sale. And its a lot easier to spend the extra and have a nice easy sale or part ex when you change it, rather than being stuck with an imported second hand car that nobody wants. I had a new imported saxo VTS bout 5 years ago, saved over a grand but couldnt sell the bloody thing, and no-one would take it as a part ex because its an import. Be aware.