ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Full fat track slag!

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Something else I should add is that some of the build threads on the forum are unbelievable. Well worth a look.
Thats a very dangerous suggestion.. Fall down that worm hole and your bank account gets drained... Really quickly... Dont ask me how i know.. Lol..

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
With so much time spent rolling round under the car lately the dairy lee jacking points particularly the drivers side are battered. Decided to modify my trolley jack to use on the chassis rail without having to pre lift the car. (Jack is too tall)
So...
CB1DA9A7-F5DF-4318-B013-4DB833F27EEF.jpeg
Off with the original cup.
46CAFBBD-D944-441C-9DD4-992718D997DE.jpeg
M8 bolt + nyloc in.
A6D98A93-ADD4-4BDB-88F5-D4B6FECB2F5F.jpeg
5mm angle I had in the garage.
2ED87BC4-3862-45F1-9723-87CCF235390C.jpeg
Trimmed down to fit under the car.
57E85E1C-7B53-4A5C-9539-968C2DAD586C.jpeg
Just fits.
C13E300B-FFD4-455D-B54A-F1206BF73F93.jpeg
Car in the air. As we all know it scrapes the underseal off but that’s easy to maintain so reasonably happy until I get my old man to fab the jacking points.

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
A few more boredom/covid 19 maybe slightly unnecessary purchases...
2C522BB2-03FC-4C44-906B-38EA5C724B89.jpeg

I will 100% not be doing the inner arb bushes myself but I reckon I’ll do the exhaust mount ;)

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah their garbage mate. I spotted your thread on the cheap 172 so yours might be getting some hammer. It’s just something else to consider while you’re working on these cars ;)

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Covid 19 boredom hit hard today so out came the roof lining..
D36A968C-822D-4194-8571-0F574F9D8258.jpeg
CFB74328-4E2E-462D-9DC3-C8773BA9B7B9.jpeg
Surprisingly easy to get to this point but that glue is a nightmare. Leaving it for another day ;)

Attachments

• 51FCEC05-7BA3-4F2D-8470-A51280747E2A.jpeg
    51FCEC05-7BA3-4F2D-8470-A51280747E2A.jpeg
    469.1 KB · Views: 49

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
That’s my next port of call. Brake cleaner did a good job on all the other deadening but it’s slow going on this. I’ll get back to it tomorrow.
Cheers

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
That’s my next port of call. Brake cleaner did a good job on all the other deadening but it’s slow going on this. I’ll get back to it tomorrow.
Cheers
I did this part under my scuttle. 2 mins wiped all off and gave it a scotch brite and painted. Its bonkers as there was another bigger piece on the drivers side and they totaled 763 grams..
313e94c2f2aa0cb66e56c555cfd38f20.jpg
3d85f1c6a661272cc92cf4f2b98bf07f.jpg

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
With so much time spent rolling round under the car lately the dairy lee jacking points particularly the drivers side are battered. Decided to modify my trolley jack to use on the chassis rail without having to pre lift the car. (Jack is too tall)
So... Off with the original cup.
M8 bolt + nyloc in.
5mm angle I had in the garage.
Trimmed down to fit under the car.
Just fits.
Car in the air. As we all know it scrapes the underseal off but that’s easy to maintain so reasonably happy until I get my old man to fab the jacking points.

Just get a better jack with a bigger cup rather than the Billy basic my first home mechanic special.

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
I did this part under my scuttle. 2 mins wiped all off and gave it a scotch brite and painted. Its bonkers as there was another bigger piece on the drivers side and they totaled 763 grams..View attachment 1469490View attachment 1469491

Horrible stuff and it’s everywhere, I didn’t even realise there was some under the scuttle. I’ll pretend it’s not there for now ;)

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Horrible stuff and it’s everywhere, I didn’t even realise there was some under the scuttle. I’ll pretend it’s not there for now ;)
And 2 pieces in the rear quarters and in the c'pillars. It all adds up.. in total this week with doing my loom and loads of stupid little bits ive nearly taken out 8kg of absolute crap thats not including all the dirt and cemented mud that fell out of places..

td_dan

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio DCi
Car looks great, where are you based mate as im after a headlining back for mine

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
And 2 pieces in the rear quarters and in the c'pillars. It all adds up.. in total this week with doing my loom and loads of stupid little bits ive nearly taken out 8kg of absolute crap thats not including all the dirt and cemented mud that fell out of places..

Good result there mate. It definitely adds up. The loom is where I’ll struggle. I’m no mechanic and those 15 year old French wires worry me :LOL:

Eddie555

ClioSport Club Member
  Q7 2018 & 172 Cup.
Praise the lord..
View attachment 1469684
Still took a little while but the white spirit got the glue off. Glad I won’t be doing that again.
Good job there bud.. Maybe the paint brush cleaned i have is stronger.. Actually maybe i could offer it to Donald Trump as a Covid healer.. [emoji23][emoji23]

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Good job there bud.. Maybe the paint brush cleaned i have is stronger.. Actually maybe i could offer it to Donald Trump as a Covid healer.. [emoji23][emoji23]

Cheers mate.
It must be some good s**t if it allows you to wipe that glue away :LOL: I still had the scraper out at times.

Following the acoustic pipe incident and with another mapping session approaching I decided to ditch the acoustic valve and while I had the arch liners off I removed the fog light and put a CAF in its place..View attachment 1468341View attachment 1468340I
I opted for a 3D printed eBay option which was expensive and the finish on the funnel if you would call it that is a bit ropey but the fit on the fog light is excellent.
Staying with the gas flow side of things I decided to go decat...View attachment 1468342The car came with a resonated miltek so this was easy enough. It might make a tiny bit of difference on the next map but either way I love the sound of it and the odd whiff of petrol in the cabin.

These fog light ducts look ace, have you got a link to the exact ones you got?

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
These are the ones I got mate. I went for the stealth version with 63mm ducting which fits the standard airbox well. If you’re creating brake ducts however, you could go for a bigger option.

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Small update from this weekend. Finally got round to headlight restoration. Went for the meguires kit based on reviews/price...
Before...
824FE7C2-B5BB-4735-B2D0-90DDDFFD83EC.jpeg

After....
0F891382-4A69-4BB0-9714-BF7635258C29.jpeg

Took a bit of effort but happy with the results.

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
After getting the inner roll bar bushes changed to cure a knock underneath the car I was disappointed to discover it was still there. Turns out it is the wishbone bushes. 3 year old black series bushes had failed. I’ve posted elsewhere on the forum about this and now I know the lifetime warranty powerflex offer does not cover the black series :rolleyes:
£107 I didn’t want to spend.

The last few jobs on the car now before the spending stops..
Wishbone bushes
Geometry
EFI to tidy up the map
Over to Carl for EPAS
Roll cage

After that it’s maintenance and track days.
b*****d money pit:LOL:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
After getting the inner roll bar bushes changed to cure a knock underneath the car I was disappointed to discover it was still there. Turns out it is the wishbone bushes. 3 year old black series bushes had failed. I’ve posted elsewhere on the forum about this and now I know the lifetime warranty powerflex offer does not cover the black series :rolleyes:
£107 I didn’t want to spend.

The last few jobs on the car now before the spending stops..
Wishbone bushes
Geometry
EFI to tidy up the map
Over to Carl for EPAS
Roll cage

After that it’s maintenance and track days.
b*****d money pit:LOL:
Did you speak to powerflex about this? I've found their customer support good

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Did you speak to powerflex about this? I've found their customer support good
Pointless really mate, black series bushes are not covered by the warranty. I’ll either get purple next time or stick with black which are an improved version.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Pointless really mate, black series bushes are not covered by the warranty. I’ll either get purple next time or stick with black which are an improved version.
Its worth a message to them, they might surprise you.

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
Managed to get over to EFI to get my map cleaned up after leaving the acoustic pipe off. I added a decat in the meantime and was pleased with the adjustments/result..
6308C5A0-3060-4B78-8B3F-25247A69EDB3.jpeg

Bhp and torque up and the curve is much smoother now. Chris suspect’s my CAT was a bit clogged.
That’s it for the engine as it won’t give anymore without wasting thousands and it’s driving well.

New2RS

ClioSport Club Member
A before and after printout from the dyno..
CF9C2B0D-1CC5-4384-A232-E6700722487A.jpeg

Red is group N with standard CAT and accoustic valve detached. It made 182 bhp and 165 ft/lb.
Black is adjusted map with decat, blanked acoustic valve and fog lightCAF making 188bhp and 171 ft/lb.
Couldn’t resist an engine bay shot of Chris’s 5 turbo methanol drag car..
0280319D-AD51-439D-A5BD-B4A39D91C575.jpeg

Sweet.