ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Group N ECU - rev limiter

I've bought one of the fastchip 182 ECU's via BB Tuning and had a question about the rev limiter...

when i had the original ECU, the 182's rev limit varied as the car heated up... so it would stop you damaging the engine I guess..

the question is, is this feature still on the fastchip ECU? I have a suspicion it isn't....

Cheers.

VaVa
Ooh I dunno. I'd hope so... if not, take it easy till it's warmed up. Which be a lot easier if they had an oil temp gauge!!

Take it easy until its warm (hard to tell with no oil temp gauge as above).

Not adviseable to go finding the rev limiter when its not warm. I personally would not go over 4500rpm within the first 10 mins of a drive

MKIII 138
MarkM said:
Take it easy until its warm (hard to tell with no oil temp gauge as above).

Not adviseable to go finding the rev limiter when its not warm. I personally would not go over 4500rpm within the first 10 mins of a drive

agree, i wait unti lthe engine is warm on the temp gauge then wait a further couple of mins for the oil to heat up. you can do 50mph in top under 3k rpm so shouldnt be a problem.. in fact i think you can get a bit faster than that, so basically you can nearly go the legal max limit under 3k so your not using the vvt at all or winding it up to hard.

audi S3
give BB TUNNING a call and ask for andy. he will explain what you need to no. it would have been easyer to ring them than posting a thred when the only people who will no is BB good luck