ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Grp. N ECU

With demand for a 182 ECU programme, we have been working for the last few months on our own Grp.N version. I say our own as Renault do not have a Grp.N version available. Basically we have downloaded the maps from the Genuine 172 Grp.N programme and downloaded the original 182 programme, from here we have compared differences and have made our own base map utilising the differences i.e. Ignition timing, Fueling revlimiter, and Closed / open loop settings to name a few.

The reason for the base map is that the 182 obviously has a few changes in manifold design etc, so our programme will be finalised by a custom mapping later this month. (Things are looking good though!)

Prices etc will be around the same as our 172 Grp. N programmes (See website) and will be available once tested.

On another note i have been asked about simular Grp.N 172 programmes. The ones in particular that have a slightly higher idle speed (around 1100 rpm) Basically this is another version of the group n programme but is mapped with a non standard engine i.e. different exhaust cam. This is not suited to a car with a standard engine. Our programme is made for a standard engine with intake and exhaust mods i.e. induction kit and performance exhaust. This will cover most road going cars, but those who crave more we will be holding days to custom map you 172/182 using the original ECU not a piggy back.

Andy

from BBR

BBR carry out a software upgrade which will give you a 10% gain in B.h.p and torque in the mid-range area, with better throttle response and driveability.

I so want my 182 to have an 8k rev limit with the improved throttle response and midrange torque :D

Im just getting a bit confused as to what is what. Ive spent most of today trying to research this subject, and its confused me even more :confused:

Simon, i suggest swithing off when the 10 bhp increase is mentioned. Seriously without sounding unprofessional a 10 bhp increase from just a remap is not realistic.

I will let you know exactly whats what with our one once its done.

Thanks for your input

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 14 July 2005
I so want my 182 to have an 8k rev limit with the improved throttle response and midrange torque :D

Im just getting a bit confused as to what is what. Ive spent most of today trying to research this subject, and its confused me even more :confused:

7800 is about the SAFE limit

sorry, just noticed you put 10%, should read into it more before posting :oops:

Would be very interested to do a back to back test though if anyone has one.

Quote: Originally posted by Fred2001Dynamic on 14 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 14 July 2005

7800 is about the SAFE limit

Quote: Originally posted by BBPT on 14 July 2005

sorry, just noticed you put 10%, should read into it more before posting :oops:

Would be very interested to do a back to back test though if anyone has one.
Thats why I asked. If you want to pay, ill get my car over there as a donor car:). A friend has had his cooper s done there & is v.impressed but I dont know anyone who has a BBR 182??

The only other way is seeing if they do a sale / return like Superchips do ie if it does not do what it says on the tin put the map bac to standard & get the cash back! bet they dont thou :(

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

ECU re-maps on charged cars like the cooper S is greatly different to the NA clio. Ive spent thousands to get close to the 200bhp mark whereas my brothers MCS went from the standard 163bhp ish to 200bhp costing about £900 (chip, pulley,filter)