ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 headlight adjustment???

Ford Focus ST2
just picked up our new clio last night and i read in the book you can adjust the height on the headlights!!!!

but when i turn the switch its show in the handbook, the dials in the car just dim and then you turn them back and they get brighter?

is this correct?

its a 05 clio 182, and it has the really bright headlights, are they gas of something???

Thanks
Rob

182 w/busted splitter :-(
Rob,

The switch (or wheel) is (on a 182) only for changing the brightness of the dash-lights. In other Clio models, where that wheel is, there's a similar button for adjusting the headlights.

As far as I know (I think on my 182, anyway!) the headlights are supposed to be 'self' adjusting - apparently, some magic makes them adjust themselves as required!

(and the headlight's are Xenon, that's why they're bright!)

106 GTi
As said the should self adjust if you have rear seat passengers, luggage in the boot etc.

Silver 182 F/F
When you first switch the lights on,watch them against a wall across the other side of the road and you will see the light patterns moving about and changing shapes.

Now that's magic.

Astra VXR 17/05/07
Wait until you get some Chav in your rear view mirror trying to take you on....slam your foot down and watch him disappear.

Thats magic :)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
The 172/182 Lights are not self adjusting.. they are self-leveling.. there is a difference.

If you put loads of weight in back of the car they will self level to avoid blinding oncoming drivers. However, if you lights are aligned wrongly and pointing too low and put weight in the back they will still be pointing too low.

There is manual adjustment you can make to the headlights on the actual headlight unit, turn it one way = headlights pointing lower, the other way means they point upwards.

Renault Clio 182
Wow, digging up old threads here!
Basically I did a service on the Clio and we had to disconnect the battery to get the new air filter on.
Anyway, since then, I've noticed my lights very low, I was just wondering if they've reset themselves or something, as I know they're self adjusting...caused by magic according to the other members =D
And is it just a case of using the little Allen key adjuster to get them higher again?