ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 high idle , throttle pedal ?

wanting a trophy
hi guys and gals , my first post here , ive got a problem on my recently bought 182

the revs seam to stick at around 3000 rpm , but as soon as i lift the accelerator pedal it idles normal

i did do a search and can figure out its a fly by wire

can you replace the pedal or is it a sensor of some sort on the pedal its self , if so were from please

i would apreciate any help please :)

thanks a lot
jeff

clio 172
i have got a old 172 on a cable and my car revs to about 2000 rpm on idle i got to put my foot under the accelerater pedal to make it go back to idle speed i got the same problem but only when the car is warm i put a new cable on it and taken the throtle body off and clean it which did make a differents for a week then it back to how it is. i'm going to get a new throtle body if it keeps doing it to me

clio 172
just take it off and clean it thats what i did a friend and a ph2 with the same throtle body as u he took it off cleaned it worked for a bit

Da

Less
Could be the pedal or could be a sticking throttle body - might be worthwhile cleaning it.

clio 172
just use wd40 its a oil and a good cleaner spray lots on it best to take it off look for a second hand pedal