ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 in action

hi

Went to Bedford Autodrome yesterday - it was god damn awesome, I would highly recommend it.

It was greasy in the morning with loads of understeer. When it dried later in the day the grip was better but I was still getting loads of understeer...

Anyone got any recommendations to make this grippier round the track? i'm happy with the power and performance (suprisingly i overtook quite a few gingerly driven elises), just wished it went round corners faster!! thinking of a 2nd set of wheels and slicks - would better suspension make a difference?

http://photobucket.com/albums/c158/andrewduce/?action=view&current=DSC_3752.jpg

not sure how you put a photo up, so if anyone could be so kind to put it in the thread I'd be most grateful

cheers, Duce

Meg 225 Trophy 0482
DSC_3752.jpg

Thats ace!! i love it!! any higher and i think the front wheel would hahve given way!!

Saphire Cosworth
Nice to see another one being driven properly !! Nice pic - just don't put that on the autotrader when you want to sell it !! lol

106 GTi
Fantastic shot, they talk of getting them up on here all the time, thats up there with the best!

Ad

MK2 FRS
Try and take your plate off the pic mate.

<<this may have potentially happened cos i had pics on net with plate not blanked!!

Awesome pic btw:approve:

Cheers fellas, as i said it was a great day, there is loads of run off on the circuit so you can give it lots of beans (2nd lap got caught out with a 180 degree spin)!! would recommend to anyone

I had a go in my bro's S2 elise and tbh if someone half inched my car the money would help me get past the misses and buy an elise! they are sooooo damn fast through the corners

adtmits - buy an S1 elise, they are fookin awesome http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOTUS-ELISE-S...595596401QQcategoryZ43114QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Duce said:
hi

Went to Bedford Autodrome yesterday - it was god damn awesome, I would highly recommend it.

It was greasy in the morning with loads of understeer. When it dried later in the day the grip was better but I was still getting loads of understeer...

Anyone got any recommendations to make this grippier round the track? i'm happy with the power and performance (suprisingly i overtook quite a few gingerly driven elises), just wished it went round corners faster!! thinking of a 2nd set of wheels and slicks - would better suspension make a difference?

http://photobucket.com/albums/c158/andrewduce/?action=view&current=DSC_3752.jpg

not sure how you put a photo up, so if anyone could be so kind to put it in the thread I'd be most grateful

cheers, Duce

i found that too on track. the PE2's were just sliding and squeeling round corners

ive swapped all corners to yokohama parada spec-2, but havent had them on the track yet.

Megane Mk4
http://www.motorsportvision.co.uk/trackdays/MSV-trackdays.asp

Mmmm .... looks like fun
*looking for the letter to re-edit for santa!* :D

one question though ... Do you borrow a helmet or do they supply the equipment?
Never been on a track day before... wouldnt mind doing one, looks awsomely fun! ;)

edit:- had a look .... yeah they do rent out stuff :D ....

Mmmmmmmmmm *thinks about having some fun next year* !! :D

Last edited:

muz

big fat japanese bus
thats an awseome shot

more grip? Slicks mate but only in the dry, you can get good avons for about 100 a corner

the day was £99 and worth every penny - i got free tuition, the instructor was very impressed with the chuckability of the 182, i offered him a go but he wasn't allowed!

2 tanks of fuel (£70)
2 front tyres (£150? - they were 90% warn already)
insurance (£70 next time at Bedford I wouldn't bother)

hike up the price a lot!!

was my first one - if you've not been before i think it's an ideal place as there was so much space to run off

I'll be back again soon, hopefully with some slick tyres to get that rear wheel even higher!!!!

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Arnt you supposted to drive the track quick and smooth with minimal tyre lift, rather than irratic with wheels off the ground? ;)

But very impressive! :approve:

for less understeer you need to buy shims and open your REAR track

now you have toe in, you need toe out like a proper 172 CUP, you'll be much faster through corners immediatlly, but the car gets twitchy on the road

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
That's a great pic...doesn't look like you've got too much understeer in that one!

You could try altering the tyre-pressure difference front to rear to help.

Renault recommend 33F + 30R, but I've always run the opposite. Softer at the front helps it to dig in and the back with higher pressure becomes a bit more agile (never too threatening though).

i adjusted the tyre pressure while there, i think for the ultimate track machine i need slicks and better suspension that will stop the body roll

izibizi said:
for less understeer you need to buy shims and open your REAR track

now you have toe in, you need toe out like a proper 172 CUP, you'll be much faster through corners immediatlly, but the car gets twitchy on the road

eh no .
what you want to do is invest in a desent set of adjustable coilovers and stiffen them right up but not as stiff on the front to allow for the front to move under weight transfere for turn in . You also want a set of camber adjusters and run between 3-8deg camber on the front , that'll stop the understeer and the car will sit flatter goin through faster corners . Also a set of Up rated anti-role bars would cure that understeer lift .