ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 in EVO (again)

VaVa

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 01 February 2005

Also the lap time at Bedford was 1.33.1 v the MCS at 1.34.6 and the Golf GTi at 1.34.5
Which is what really counts. The 0-60 means bugger all really. Pulling over a second a lap on its nearset rival is what its all about!!

Quote: Originally posted by The Don on 31 January 2005
really? i used to own a mini and thought it handled better than my 182. sorry to write this but it was bloody good in that respect.

NO WAY!!!

While the minis steering was direct, its chassis dynamincs and feel where no way as good as the 182s. 182 encourages you to take bends faster, while the mini just allows you to. There isnt the same level of competence and confidence in the chassis of the mini. IMHO

Clio 200 Cup packed

sorry bout diggin up an old post...but after mitchy doubting the 0-60 of 6.3 seconds i thought id add something...

im about to sell my 182 so got my gtech out at the weekend for one last run...

did three 0-60 runs and manage 6.32, 6.28 and 6.41, all with ESP off...

which was good :cool:

182 non cup, optimax, qtr of a tank of fuel, i weigh bout 13stone and it was about 16deg...

Like for like in the same conditions with drivers of even reasonable ability - there is NO way a CooperS is quicker to the ton than any 182, Cup or otherwise.

[Edited by dave182 on 8/10/2005 1:41:05 PM]