ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Insurance renewal

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

just been gettin some quotes....

im 28, 10 years no claims, but live in bolton which is the highest risk area you can get.

last year i paid 800 and trust me that was the BEST PRICE anywhere.

Just got a few quotes (confused.com, direct line etc...) and best quote i have had from around 20 companies is approx 815. and i have a mrs and a baby now aswell!!!

However, just went on norwich union direct and ................ 705 !!! well chuffed :D ... i would have been well happy at 800 - same as last year.

Just realised one bad thing about a new car .... insurance and tax due on same day there abouts, so just got myself 110 towards that. ot even going to bother going anywhere else now.

Lee

BMW M2C

I pay around the same as you and Im the same age, but with 6 points. Ive just renewed and gone with First Alternative.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

how much mate?

Just seen an offer on norwich union site ... 14 for 12 months for new customers, even better .... that make it approx 604 for the year. Must be my lucky day, touch wood

[Edited by mauricewt on 04 March 2005 at 3:52pm]

172 Cup

If you are a home owner try getting your house insurance and car insurance from the same place. My home insurance cost me £75 BUT they offered me a 25% discount on my car insurance which is a heafty chunk to be fair. This was Direct Line btw.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

Just got a quote from Privelage for my Mk1 172, 24 years old and 5 years ncb, £450 :)

Try them, seem very good to me.

privelage guarantee to be cheapest as long as you have over 4 years ncb, cost me £400, with protected no claims

well every1 here has it cheap i got a 182 on monday the 28th feb im 19 and payed the best part of £2000 for mine :-( that is with admiral.

Ford Fiesta

my renewal will be in june, hoping admiral will come back with around <£1500 for me.

Just got my best quote off privilege, 601 inc Protected No Claims and Guranteed courtesy car, for a 32 year old with 7 yrs no claims in a not too brilliant postcode.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

tried all the companies mentioned above and no one was under 800.

like i said i live in what is classed as one of the most dodgy areas you can live.

you would think that if you have 10 years no claims you would be an insurance companies dream customer. the risk of a payout must very close to 0 !

my car has 2 imobs, alarm, disklok, kept in an alarmed (heat sensor and motion sensor) locked garage and has 2 security lights on it ...... and to top things off a locked gate in front of that. SO WHY SHOULD I GET TARNISHED BY EVERYONE ELSE IN MY AREA???

Also, 10 years no claims should mean Careful/Good Driver.

The mind boggles when i look at some prices above !?!?!???!?!?!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Quote: Originally posted by mauricewt on 04 March 2005

how much mate?

Just seen an offer on norwich union site ... 14 for 12 months for new customers, even better .... that make it approx 604 for the year. Must be my lucky day, touch wood

[Edited by mauricewt on 04 March 2005 at 3:52pm]
b*llocks!

Just rang up, i had to quote for clio 172 because 182 wasnt online. Got quote for 182 and its £790 !?!? Why is this any different from 172 ?!??!

Asked about the 14 for 12 month policy and they told me its more expensive because it a different type of 12 month policy. - About £900 for 14 months !?!?!?

Is that some false advertising or what ! thought it would be 2 good 2 be true.

tiTTy & SV650

with 4 years no claims privilidge guarantee to beat your best quote the advert says. I always find Elephant (admiral) to be cheapest.

Im just getting quotes now and Im very scared.

9 points and two years NCD - Cheapest so far £2,300!

Im 27 and good postcode, currently crying into my coffee and thinking of getting something a bit more reasonable!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Quote: Originally posted by tombourne182 on 11 March 2005

Im just getting quotes now and Im very scared.

9 points and two years NCD - Cheapest so far £2,300!

Im 27 and good postcode, currently crying into my coffee and thinking of getting something a bit more reasonable!

http://www.confused.comhttp://www.confused.com

good place to start, my best quote is still from this at the moment. only take 5 mins to fill in aswell

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Just got my renewal through from AXA (well actually RAC as AXA have sacked the motor insurance side off now)

Last year (AXA): £799

This year (RAC): £1363

28, 10 YEARS NO CLAIMS !!!

I rang up just to see what they said and the woman couldnt believe it. I said does that mean you dont want my custom anymore?! and she said no afraid not ........... excellent !! How these companies make money i will never know.

Best quote so far is norwich union @ £686 (420 excess). Next to that is first alternative @ £788, everything else £1k ++

Clio 182

Renewed my 182 insurance yesterday - Im 35 but live in an F* area which is the most expensive (Richmond, Surrey), clean licence and full no claims.

Paid £589 with Greenlight (Privilege wanted £719)...

Greenlight will also do me cheap trackday cover and cover any modifications I want to do.

Renewed my car tax this week too so I am now officially skint :-(

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

Emailed greenlight the other day but they havent got back to me.

I have car tax due near enough same day + breakdown cover + tyres are due aswell. Good job i have my little 182 savings account now. Just put £100 a month away so it covers everything when its due.

25 yrs old, 172mk2 04 plate, devon/Banjo country, last year £790, insurance due end of month best quote so far Adrian Flux £560 350 excess.

Going to try privelage after reading this page!!!