ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Insurance with NO NCB

3 MPS, MX5

I may consider buying my wifes 182 from her to save the hassle of her advertising it but the insurance maybe a little steep for me as a second car starting afresh with no NCB.

As anyone insured a 182 without NCB in their 30s? I could go through one of the internet insurance sites to see what they come up with but I thought someone on here may no of a good insurance company that does good deals on second policies or who maybe keener on 182s.

Ta.

If you call the insurer of the other car they could well let you have 30% NCD cause youre already a customer.................thats what happened with my mom :D

Also................in your 30s eh...................itll be peanuts...................try being 21 then see what it costs eh....................for a Vee ;)

Cya Stu

Yaris Hybrid

Wont insurance companies let you insure multiple cars under one policy?

My old man has a few motorcycles all insured on one policy as far as I know.

3 MPS, MX5

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 19 April 2005

If you call the insurer of the other car they could well let you have 30% NCD cause youre already a customer.................thats what happened with my mom :D

Also................in your 30s eh...................itll be peanuts...................try being 21 then see what it costs eh....................for a Vee ;)

Cya Stu

I can imagine what your insurance is on that but dont forget we are all young once and we all have to go through the "silly" insurance stage:cry:

Saying that I dont want to pay more than absolutely neccessary as Im already paying a fair bit on a modified 400bhp S4 V8 and even more on a Yam R6 because Ive not had bike insurance for years.

Carole Nash (bike insurer) do whats called an Omni policy which will cover all vehicles but it does seem to work out more expensive than insuring them separately.

On a previous car M3 I think, I had a second car as a run about (1.1 Saxo) which they did give me an introductory discount but Ive changed it twice since and I dont think they are going to be competitive on the 182, plus Ive changed insurer on the main car because they wouldnt insurer any modified cars but stayed with them on the second car.

my first ten months with no ncb/ncd was 1400 with elephant my second ten months which started yesterday went down to 624.... how cool is that?

Elise/VX220/R26

I think elephant will do a second policy using the NCB twice so if your wife goes to elephant for the current car and then isures the 182 in her nemae with you as named driver that might be the way to do it. We had a spam email from them a while ago about this, I wasnt aware that any other insurance companies do this so might be worth checking out

172 GTR

Hi mate, I was with Admiral at the time with 2 cars both on full ncb. I was getting a third car, Admiral said they would give me free full ncb on a third policy they would not allow me to protect it though.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy

How the feck can you guys get a 182 with no NCB?

I am 22 and unless I want to pay loads a cash, I cant have one:(. I am currently paying around £1600 full comp with Frizzel and thats the cheapest I can get for my 1.6 16V Clio (although it was brand new). O-WELL I will have to wait until October when I should have a years NCB...

why dont you people try greenlight

Im 21, 2 years NCB and i got a quote from them for about £1k were the cheapest by miles.

Just a shame i cant afford the car, lol.

Shhh

25yrs old, passed test in 2000. 4yrs ncb £706 full comp with £150 excess inc gf and mum on policy....on a Clio 182 with all optional extras.