ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Insurance

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Alright guys,

Just wondering if anyone has a similar criteria to me as i'm looking for the cheapest insurance quote i can for my 182.

22 years old
1 year NCB
04 plate 182

Direct line are quoting in at £1.4k this time round, so i wondered if anyone has the same criteria as me, but found cheaper quotes?

Information like: Who did you use? The price of the quote? Parents included in the policy? Modifications? Would be helpful.

Let me know guys...Cheers!

Tyson.

you should be able to get cheaper than that mate, im £1300, but im 19 with 0ncd and a crash declared!

Throw your parents on the policy aswell

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Brad182 said:
Tyson call Greenlight,

Im 21, 1 NCB, 3 points. £1100 on a 54 182!

Thats great, i forgot about my 3 points too! £1100 thats very good. Hopefully i can get the same.

Keep them coming guys! Cheers!

Tyson.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Brad, they didn't quote me, lol. Dodgy area, even though i thought it was a bloody nice place to live!

Any more companies?

Tyson.

182 RB FF
Parents didn't matter with greenlight, i hear alot about adrian Flux, but think there pretty inconsistent. Where u live mate?

RenaultSport clio 182
im just about to renew with Aidrian Flux, ive phoned round and they are cheapest by miles!

Im old though.... 30 yrs old, 7yrs ncb, 3 points sp40 - £400 fully comp

Ive been with them for years and i find they are always good to deal with,

good luck finding the best quote,
Groover

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Tyson - you should be able to get it down a bit, but it's the area that kills it for us. You're probably about three miles from me as the crow flies. I'm an old fart, over 10 NCB, no points or convictions and have been driving 14 years. I'm still paying circa £750 per year on the 182.

Fecking insurance. :dapprove: :quiet:

D.

Evo 8 RIP, Evo 2 tracktoy
im shocked at directline not being cheaper than that

im 21
drive 172 cup
have 3 points
dont stay in a particularly good post code and im £980

heard that greenlight are good on 182's would give them a try

sorry have 2 years no claims forgot about that

RB 200 Cup!
tried norwich union at all - they seem cheaper for me - and hoepfully if i get a 182 they will stuill be the cheapest

J

jamesy

for me a 182 is 100000miles away from reality purely because im obliged to have fully comp and they want 230quid a month do they have any idea how many pints of beer that can buy:eek:

Lux'd Glacier White R26
Thanks guys, i'll do some ringing round. So far i have tried Direct Line, Greenlight and Tesco. I'm going to try Elephant and Norwich Union. Can anyone recommend anymore?

Brad, i live in the armpit of Great Manchester (I think Darren will agree, lol) - The Close i live on is brand new, and very nice, but the surrounding area is very dodgy which is why Greenlight won't touch me! Grrr!!

Tyson.

Lux'd Glacier White R26
^^ See above.

22 years old
1 year NCB
04 plate 1823 points
Held licence for 3 years and 10 months.

Tyson.

J

jamesy

only norwich union may say you need to be 25 often you can get them to underwrite especially if you have a policy and threaten to cancel it;)

Clio 182
Darren S said:
Tyson - you should be able to get it down a bit, but it's the area that kills it for us. You're probably about three miles from me as the crow flies. I'm an old fart, over 10 NCB, no points or convictions and have been driving 14 years. I'm still paying circa £750 per year on the 182.

Fecking insurance. :dapprove: :quiet:

D.

Must admit it really pisses me off to see younger people or people with points and convictions not paying so much - I've got a clean licence, full ncb for years and years, am 36, driving for 17 years yet mine is between £500-600 (can't remember exactly) - all because I live near to London. Also about time insurance companies stopped offering discounts if extra people are added to the policy imo, just a bloody joke.

Clio 182
Tyson-182 said:
^^ See above.

22 years old
1 year NCB
04 plate 1823 points
Held licence for 3 years and 10 months.

Tyson.

How many points Tyson...lol

Maybe that is why there all so expensive.;)

J

jamesy

Karen said:
Must admit it really pisses me off to see younger people or people with points and convictions not paying so much - I've got a clean licence, full ncb for years and years, am 36, driving for 17 years yet mine is between £500-600 (can't remember exactly) - all because I live near to London. Also about time insurance companies stopped offering discounts if extra people are added to the policy imo, just a bloody joke.

behaveLOL:D

Lux'd Glacier White R26
LOL Nicky, well spotted, i meant 04 plate 182 - 3 points! ;)

LadySarah, Direct Line is best at £1400...

Tyson.