ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Intermittent fault throttle position related

CrashBurnFly

ClioSport Club Member
  various
Starts and drives fine. Occasionally the warning light (Square with zigzag) below the low fuel light comes on and it drops to tickover only and will not rev – takes no notice of throttle pedal position. Restart it and it is fixed. Reading posts, it could be the sensor in the throttle pedal, but this is a recent (20k ago) new genuine unit from a Renault dealer I am discounting this for now. Next most likely issue is the big white electrical connector in the engine bay next to the fuses with the suggestion of pull it apart and clean it and this often fixes matters. So, I looked at this but cannot work out how to pull it apart as it seems firmly attached to the black plastic underneath and don’t want to use just brute force due to maybe casing more issues as the wires are tight. So, what is the knack for getting this big white connector off the black plastic base that it is attached to? Thanks Paul

Attachments

• This warning light.jpg
    This warning light.jpg
    1 KB · Views: 2
  • White plug next to engine bay fuses.jpg
    White plug next to engine bay fuses.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 2

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I had the same issue getting the connector apart, there's not much slack on the wires, but you can wriggle it out of the plastic it sits in. Once out you will need to use quite a bit of force to get it apart. Helps if you unhook the fuse block above (don't break the clips) to give you some more room.
Think I used WD40 to loosen the connector up a bit actually, no idea if that's the right thing to do, but it worked for me.