ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 manifold coversion on 172 help plz!

clio 172 ph1
Hi.
I have bought a 182 manifold with cat to put it on my clio 172 ph1 but now i have bit of a problem.
The problem is none of my local garages want to fit this in.
My question:
Is any one of You know a place where this can be done for reasonable price in Lincolshire area?
Please let me know if You do.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I have been told its loads of grief trying to fit and its just not worth doing tbh, the front sub frame has to come down to get the 182 manifold in thats why no one wants to fit it.

SG9 Forester STi
I was told by Ktec that it takes around 5 hours to fit...so I had mine done whilst my engine was out.

Give them a call and get a quote...only problem is it may be a tad costly.

clio 172 ph1
I think i found a garage which will be able to do it. They said that it can be done in about 3.5 - 4.5 hours.
Price £40+VAT so thats mean 212 pound. Booked there on monday.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
the most mechanical thing i had ever done to a car before i fitted my 182 manifold was changed a wheel. its a pain and a bit niggly but its by no means hard, and i could do one now in about 3-4hours max.

EDIT: plus anyone who tells you its not worth doing for the little gain to be had doesnt have the balls to attempt it their self! best mod i done!

clio 172 ph1
the most mechanical thing i had ever done to a car before i fitted my 182 manifold was changed a wheel. its a pain and a bit niggly but its by no means hard, and i could do one now in about 3-4hours max.

EDIT: plus anyone who tells you its not worth doing for the little gain to be had doesnt have the balls to attempt it their self! best mod i done!
Its a shame that U live so far away mate. U could do one for me :)
Anyway i will post an update on monday.

53 Clio's & counting
Im with Fred on this one, after doing many miles in mine, then experiencing a 172 with one on imo not worth it, it does change the power delivery, but not enough of a change to warrant it

IMO of course

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
What a pain in the hoop!

I prefer the way the 172 delivers its power. All the 182's i've driven seem too smooth?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Im with Fred on this one, after doing many miles in mine, then experiencing a 172 with one on imo not worth it, it does change the power delivery, but not enough of a change to warrant it

IMO of course

but remember all the engines are different, its like driving a 172 then jumping into a 182 your probably not going to notice a great deal of difference, but drive one car without it then drive one with it and its a massive difference, granted i fitted a decat at the same time but on a before an after RR i gained 10lb/ft peak torque and nearly 15lb/ft mid range!! along with 10bhp!

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
if you can drive down to mine think im about an hour away il do it for you a hell of alot cheaper than £212

RS RIP
When going for cams it's a good mod to do.. i had mine done with cambelt change, cams, and clutch. We took out the engine completely as it eases things

I paid a LOT of $$ though, not sure if i would have done it if i knew in advance. The car is a screamer now though so i'm very happy

Track 172cup
in the end of the day it's a better manifold even if slightly, screw paying £200+ for fitting alone though on top of what the parts cost you ! just not worth it

Clio 172
I can see one huge benefit of having a 182 manifold.....it will only take about 20 minutes work to put the cat in come MOT time....otherwise I wouldn't bother unless I was worried about the extra few bhp having an impact on my fun, or unless I had money to burn.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I can see one huge benefit of having a 182 manifold.....it will only take about 20 minutes work to put the cat in come MOT time....

Yep man speaks sence, my old 172 cup was one of first to be fitted with 182 Mani quite a few years ago, was an absolute ass to fit, and gains were not massive. Better bang for buck with inlets unless going for big na power

320d
I found this, but I also found that lower down the revs it didn't feel as torquey as the 1ate2

The 182 uses improved inlets as well though, especially if RS stamped. So maybe this makes it feel a bit more torquey as well.

The manifold definately makes a difference but for me theres no way i'd spend a fotune upgrading to it. Matched inlets and a remap for pretty much the same money as the 182 manifold wiould make a much better gain.

clio 172 ph1
Hi guys.
Sorry i've been on holiday so didn't have a chance to update my post.
All together i have paid 358 guid.
Thats include:
new engine mount £80 from Reanult,
modifying cat (cutting, welding, grinding + bit a their parts they used) £40
fitting manifold £238.
Prices inc VAT

RS RIP
Nice job, now get a decat too ! very easy changing 'em round come MOT time you see :approve:

Ph1
I'd rate the 182 mani conversion.

I found it gave more mid range pull. The messing with cats is worth it alone if your cars a long term keeper