ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 manifold for 172

clio 172 sport
If i gat hold of 182 manifold, is it just a striaght swap for the 172 manifold, are any adapters/brackets/extentions etc needed????????
what are the permormance gains like, noticeable?????

If i gat hold of 182 manifold, is it just a striaght swap for the 172 manifold, are any adapters/brackets/extentions etc needed????????
what are the permormance gains like, noticeable?????

Gains are noticable but i think its a ballache to get it fitted and its very expensive to get it fitted. Not sure if its a str8 swap.

From what ive seen most people that get one dont ever end up putting it on. I think its around 10 break you gain as that was pretty much the only thing that got the extra 10 over the 172

MERCEDES CLS AMG
They take 2 hrs to fit - bolt straight to the cylinder head but not to the cat. You will have to cut both joints off each pipe and weld in place new ones. Its an easy job but a little time consuming and fabrication skills will be required.

MERCEDES CLS AMG
If you cant weld you cant do it + you need to unbolt the subframe to remove and refit the new manifold

renault manual says drop the subframe 150mm and supplies a special tool (just threaded bar) to drop the rear and front of the frame without removing it.

Y

yenchyun

Is there anyone can share the "Renault Manual" for me ?
Thanks in advance^^.

RS RIP
somebody is going to have a look at my 172 MK2 this thursday, i also maybe want to get the 182manifold on there (thinking hard about it).
How much money are we talking about looking at parts + labour ?
Some of you are saying it's quite a pain in the .*@& to get it done while i thought it would have been a Quick and easy job...

somebody is going to have a look at my 172 MK2 this thursday, i also maybe want to get the 182manifold on there (thinking hard about it).
How much money are we talking about looking at parts + labour ?
Some of you are saying it's quite a pain in the .*@& to get it done while i thought it would have been a Quick and easy job...

The subframe has to be lowered so you idealy want a 4 post lift so its a garage only job with the subframe off/tilted take the old one out and put the 182 one in and make a pipe to fit it. Depending how good the garage can do it depends how long it takes 2 hours at worst IMO.

182 exhaust manifold are £80 ~£250.

RS RIP
I can live with that figure .

Maybe i'll have a look at a group N ecu while i'm there; This is'nt all too expensive or am i wrong ?

mmmm tempted but as you say depends on the garage anyone local to chesterfield sheffield that people recommend to do the job cos my local one could do it but would probably take alot more time to do it...so all you need is the manifold it self and a joiing pipe to the 172 cat converter? nice one

Ph1
I can live with that figure .

Maybe i'll have a look at a group N ecu while i'm there; This is'nt all too expensive or am i wrong ?

Remember that price edde quoted is only for the manifold alone and thats if your lucky enough to find one !! Their rare as hens teeth.

You'll have garage labour plus the cost of the welding on the link pipe etc so all in from a normal garage including the cost of the manifold you'd be looking around the £500ish+ mark.

There's loads of info on the forum of ways and means to fit one including pictures so do a search for more detail.

Its about time we had a guide up for this conversion ;)

mmmm tempted but as you say depends on the garage anyone local to chesterfield sheffield that people recommend to do the job cos my local one could do it but would probably take alot more time to do it...so all you need is the manifold it self and a joiing pipe to the 172 cat converter? nice one

Exhausts.co.uk near the centretainment park (sheffield arena) are very good... alot of their work is very chavvy (look at their site) but they are 100% professional and carry out top quality work!