ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Manifold On 172?

172 Cup 2003
I've Got A 2002 172 I'm Getting A New Exhust Fitted On Tuesday, Now I've Heard A 182 Manifold Can Be Fitted To 172..any1 Given It Ago??is It A Straight Swap? :s

Lionel Richie
yeah apart from the fact that you have to remove the subframe to fit it AND fit a link pipe so it mates upto your 172 system

172 cup'd extreme
it can be fitted its not a straight swap, the cat wont mate up you need a link pipe. the subframe will need to be dropped for it to fit and the manifold is expensive unless you can find one cheap

MKIII 138
FredYozzasport said:
yeah apart from the fact that you have to remove the subframe to fit it AND fit a link pipe so it mates upto your 172 system

what about Ktecs 4-2-1 manifold ?

doesnt mention that needs doing and the price although not cheap isnt too bad.

MKIII 138
so is the ktec one ok ? seemed like a good idea to me 182 manifold was probably the only thing that the 182 gained power wise over the 172 and 8-10hp is a nice gain, i was gonna put the 182 replica system with 4-2-1 + sportscat system on mine, cant be arsed with a decat even though i know someone who will pass it on MOT just incase the police stop me and do a emissions test.

Black 172 MK2
iv been looking at the 182 manifold matt black on here use to do them for around £250-300 but hes now banned so im not sure if any one has any details to conntact him :s i personnal would think the 182 manifold would be best as long as you know someone to fit it. No one round here will touch mods took me 7 garages just to fit my blue flame exhuast.

172 Cup 2003
lol i'm gonna speak to my mechcanic and see if they think its feesable but it would be a sweet mod to have

MKIII 138
couldnt you go to ktec and get it fitted seen as its there system and has been designed so you dont have to drop the subframe and all that crap.

Lionel Richie
meggerman said:
couldnt you go to ktec and get it fitted seen as its there system and has been designed so you dont have to drop the subframe and all that crap.

behave, you still have to remove the subframe chap!

172 Cup 2003
im pretty sure the subframe has gotta come out got no real way of gettin it off and on otherwise.

i was thinking by the time i got the ktech manifold and the custom exhust im not gonna see any change out of £1k so how about performance ECU that could be the kiddy

172 Cup 2003
bbpermance have got a remap video of a clio 172 not redlining untill7800rpm now that looks like value for money!! and a well known & trust company...time to save my pennies lol

TDI tyre shreader
dale172 said:
bbpermance have got a remap video of a clio 172 not redlining untill7800rpm now that looks like value for money!! and a well known & trust company...time to save my pennies lol

Thats a pointless mod on its own as torque drops off after 6500rpm would be flat as a fart up at 7800. Plus the valve gear wont like that rpm for exteneded use

Lionel Richie
Jones said:
Thats a pointless mod on its own as torque drops off after 6500rpm would be flat as a fart up at 7800. Plus the valve gear wont like that rpm for exteneded use

valve gear is fine at that rpm

7800rpm limit is fantastic for track work

MKIII 138
but a single rsport chip may smooth the power and add some extra hp but you havent increased the rate the air comes in or goes out, thats what a full 4-2-1 manifold + decat and custom feed induction + inlet manifold does, then your mapping not before these mods ?? if your going that route you may as well get a custom remap which is possible on the Rsport but it isnt as good as the smt6.

you dont get owt for nout fellas

Ph1
Sure i did a search on here a while back and a couple of folk said they had managed to fit a 182 mani without lifting the engine or dropping the subframe.?

bang on the button.

The bearings in renaults are horribly soft and certainly do not appreciate a battering. Its official renault sport info that they gaurantee you will have a failure if you live at above 7200rpm for long periods.

All the bearings i've seen suffer from the same problems, its all down to their contruction and fitment design. Mains and bigs suffer different problems but i'm not willing to say exactly what the problem is or how to solve it as it took me a while to diagnose exactly where the problem lie. And the major problem is that renault only offer one bearing size.

Lionel Richie
Andyman said:
Sure i did a search on here a while back and a couple of folk said they had managed to fit a 182 mani without lifting the engine or dropping the subframe.?

impossible

meggerman - r-sport is proven, i'm stil waiting to see a proven SMT6 car...........

Nippy white cup
I`ve got the Rsport on mine and it is pulling 14.2`s @ 97.56 mph (and a best of 14.1 at the same speed) so they can`t be all bad. For just basic mods I`d recommend them all day every day for the money....

Chris

I have NO ecu mods atall, and i had a passenger, yet i was keeping with a r-sport ecu'd car with the same mods as mine(air filter, and a cat-back exhaust). MarkCup is the person i was racing.

Lionel Richie
get on track and you'll see a different story

(but then again you own a proper clio, unlike the rest! phquicks! gotta love them!)

172 cup'd extreme
Danlp6 said:
I have NO ecu mods atall, and i had a passenger, yet i was keeping with a r-sport ecu'd car with the same mods as mine(air filter, and a cat-back exhaust). MarkCup is the person i was racing.

yes but you have a phase 1 and every one ive drove or been in has been fooking fast , its frightning . even ones with out mods

dont be so stupid........its not a convertable.......jesus fred, why must you always talk so much s**t........

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
He speaketh the truth.

I was solo, he was two up, so you can't have any of this weight nonsense either - barely a length in it after 400m.

But you did say you'd had something polished on yours Dan?

Turbos.
I'm pretty sure the k-tec manifold and sports cat 172 upgrade uses a 182 manifold rather than an aftermarket one. Note that fitting is £225+VAT.

On eBay there is a manifold for sale plus a manifold with cat.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172
I have the bb ecu in my car which revs to 7800rpm
I was told that to think of gettin a 182 manifold put on my car but i asked the same question, i found the manifold would be about £600(thats from renault so probably get it cheaper), plus my decat pipe would have to be remade because my existing one wont fit and the engine may need to come out for the job to be done.
Im still thinking about it but ive now been told that it may not be worth it!