ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 manifold on 172

Clio 172
Ok now before folk start moaning, yes its another 182 manifold thread lol.

Basically I've done my research and I know there are little gains and lose a bit top end. My engines out so fitting isn't a problem.

All I'm after is folk that have actually done the changed and what their feedback is. Is it worth it for performance and cost. At first I thought I may as well as the engines out, then finding out that I need to buy link pipe to mate my exhaust, just seems a waste of time and money. Is this so?

Thanks gaz

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I fitted one to my PH1 as the head was off being ported and having supertech valve's fitted.

I also fitted 421's and a de-cat. I can't tell you how the manifold was compare to the 172 item as I had other thing's to go with it.

Are you going to be fitting cam's at some point? Then I'd see it as a worth while mod.

Oh my car made 192.1 bhp with 160 lb ft.

Clio 172
That's a good figure, how does that power compare to ep3 type r's?

If I keep the car I will be doing the cam route next year.

What do you mean by 421's?

Thanks gaz

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
That's a good figure, how does that power compare to ep3 type r's?

If I keep the car I will be doing the cam route next year.

What do you mean by 421's?

Thanks gaz
Mines over 190 bhp and i beat a standard EP3 no problem. Yet if the EP3 was cammed it would beat me no worries

421 is the profile type
There the same but just timed different compared to 428/438

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
My 172's just made 178.1bhp at the flywheel and 149ft/lb with a 182 mani, decat, induction kit and matched inlets.

For actual driveability, the 5k kick seems less intense, but it does pull better earlier on in the rev range rather than all at the end.

If the engine is out, then theres nothing to lose.
For the benefits, Would i fit another with the engine in place?
Would i f**k!

Clio 172
Perfect replies, thank you. Still 50/50, if I can get a cheap one I'll get it, not paying £100 then a link pipe for no real difference.

Thanks once again

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
The main reason i got mine was my 172 cat had died, and it was cheaper to get a 182 manifold and link pipe than a new cat.
Then i found a sports cat cheap on ebay (£30) and had a custom sport cat link pipe made using the flanges off the 172 cat for mots.
Atleast with the 182 manifold, cat/decat swaps are easy
70dd1cbfc28853d5d14bcd524cd76bb5.jpg

c4a77da55ec8dfe895c285da5dc813fc.jpg

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
best mod I done to my first 172 was a 182 manifold and ktec decat/link pipe. noticeable gain in mid range shove

it ran 173bhp 145lbft 100% stock then with a 182 mani, decat, matched inlets, itg filter it ran 188bhp 160lbft, same rollers, a year apart but all other cars that ran both days ran consistent figures, make of that what you will

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
My 172 makes the same power as the two other folk have mentioned and without the 182 manifold. Mine was tested at Surrey Rolling Road so probably fairly reliable. IMO it's about as beneficial for power gains as matched inlets (remember BenR, anyone?).

Clio 172
Debates still there then. I can't find a cheap one so just going to heat wrap the 172 one and get a new exhaust me thinks. I got a couple more questions but going to start new threads.