ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 manifold on a 172

clio sport 172 cup
hi all... im wanting to buy a 182 manifold for my 172 cup was just wondering is there any modifications what else u need to do to fit this ... would it go on a straight thru exhaust system ? also have people seen power gains from this at all thanks :)

172 phII
hi all... im wanting to buy a 182 manifold for my 172 cup was just wondering is there any modifications what else u need to do to fit this ... would it go on a straight thru exhaust system ? also have people seen power gains from this at all thanks :)

nprwcg.jpg

Gains are noticeable in mid range but dont expect too much

Clio Sport 172 ph1
As the records shows it gave me 20Nm increase and as much as 10BHP increase in full mid range till 5000rpm. unfortunately top end power is in significantly lower rpm than it used to be. (remember I use CatCams 421 and top end power before 182 mani was way beyond the standard setup)

182 cup
so quite decent gains to be had then. how much do the 182 manifolds go for 2nd hand then? from a scrapie

As the records shows it gave me 20Nm increase and as much as 10BHP increase in full mid range till 5000rpm. unfortunately top end power is in significantly lower rpm than it used to be. (remember I use CatCams 421 and top end power before 182 mani was way beyond the standard setup)

10bhp gain from the 182 manifold?

Clio Sport 172 ph1
10bhp gain from the 182 manifold?

not by it self no. I'm just saying how my power and torque changed before and after fitting 182 mani and full stainless steel exhaust.

before:
d87edb4015de6b89.jpg

and after:
93173f2c6e8f152e.jpg

Notice the top end power is 2BHP less and 500rpm lower, but mid range is way better in ful range (and still last RR was made in 30'C heat without DIN correction)

ph1-172
just the keep the new threads down, i've got a ph1 but want to so a 182 manifold at some point. would i be able to use say an 182 mani - decat - mid section, or does it take a different route down the car. at a guess the back box would be the main difference?

cheers

Clio Sport 172 ph1
main difference would be the center section :) You can use the linking pipe or make a whole new one to make it work

Clio Sport 172 ph1
I made myself a new whole custom center section which links mani to the end silencer section. It works perfect
143163873064465f.jpg