ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Mass Air Flow Meter?

RenaultSport clio 182 Cup
Hello all,

I was having a look around under the bonnet of my 182 cup yesterday and could not locate the mass air flow meter?

Either I am being dull, or the car does not have one? Maybe the car has a pressure sensor in the inlet manifold rather than a MAF?

Can someone knowledgable enhighten me?

Cheers

Dan

Ok thanks Neil.

Can anyone else shed some hight on the issue.

Does anyone know for sure? Edde, Yozzasport, Shed???

Cheers

light on the issue?

It a Map sensor, offside of the manifold, stuck right in the end of the plenum.

Rectangle shaped.

Thanks guys, glad i'm not goin crazy!

BenR, I have no light issue was just curious thats all. The reason I started looking was because I have some combustion chamber cleaner which I didn't want to spray over the maf. If the 182 doesn't have a maf i'll give it ago. (previous owner ran car on normal Tesco fuel, in reality probably wont make any difference!)

Thanks for all your help..................

Cheers
Dan

chamber cleaner?

It takes me a wire brush on a die grinder to really clean them when they are off, or some seriously aggresive carbon digesting enzymes.......some spray in a can wont do the trick really. And it'll be back to exactly the same condition in 2 mins.

I fully understand BenR.

This is just a token effort as I had a can lying around. Maybe one day I'll go the whole hog and get the head off.

Cheers
Dan

lol, no worries.

But remember, a uniform coverage of carbon is required to sustain an efficient burn.

Hi BenR,

Sounds like you know a lot more than me about this topic.

I have only owned my 182 cup for 2 weeks, I have been taking it pretty steady. I have opened her up once or twice and was concerned that I could hear what I thought was pinking. I have posted on the forum about my concerns but it appears that no-one else has heard a 182 pink before (Standard car). Many people told me that a tinkling noise was characteristic of the 182 exhuast. This may be true as it certainly isn't hard pinking like i've heard on other cars, just I slight tinkle under power between 4500-5500 rpm. It can not be heard at low rpm under high load, which in my experience is when cars pink if their going to.

What are your thoughts?

I also have a slight rattle/tinging noise at about 2500 rpm which I have put down to baffles in the ceter section or perhaps the cat. Maybe at higher RPM under load this prob re-occurs as the noise I think is pinking?

Rather diss-jointed message I know! I would appreciate any advice/comments you can offer as you clearly have lots of experience with 182's.

Cheers

Dan

They wont pink in std trim unless there are serious ECU problems, which is higly unlikely.

The knock sensor will actively r****d ignition to prevent pinking if it even gets close to a frequency that pinking emits. Even if the sensor doesnt work, the ecu will notice this an add a baseline reduction in total timing across the ignition map.

These engines emit alot of 'noise' and tbh, to 'hear' pinking is vitually impossible, i dont trust anybodies 'ears' when they are trying to distinguise a very very small frequency range with tiny amplitude.