ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 - Maybe Dead? HELP!!!

Cliosport 182
Okay.. where do I start, I been through every single thred on here sadly, no one has had my problem(s) seems like everything on this forum hit me at one time.. LOL..

I left my Clio182 (2004) for the last two weeks parked up..(ii know very bad thing to do) never the less, I started it one day and it worked all fine, when I went back 1 week later, the car was turning over (making a lot of noise's) but would not start, I then took the jump leads to the old bugger, & it started... (I assumed Problem solved) just to be sure i left the car, & when I went to start it the following day, it was dead again, wouldn't turn over at ALL.. I gave up. soo left it for another two days, & now everything has GONE off compelety, what I mean by everything;

(keep in mind, I have opened the door using the passenger side, key hole)

1. The Alarm & Immoboliser have turned off, (the fobs do not work) so I cannot unlock the doors.
2. No lights come on what so ever on the dash board when the keys in the ignition turned
3. Head lights or hazard lights failed to come on
4.Immobiliser light on the dash board is not FLASHING at all
I have attempted to jump start it but no luck what so ever, the car is completely dead, now, I am at boiling point, so much so, ii want to blaze the car :p

Weirdly enough, there is a 'Red' light next to the gearbox which turns red, when I turn the key in the ignition, have no idea if that has any importance what so ever. I would really appreciated if anyone can shed any light on this situtation before the frustration takes over & I end up cremating it and scattering its metal scrappings over scrappy Havan.

Cliosport 182
I've tried to jump start it today no luck,

one question - is the alarm/immobiliser supposed to turn off, if the battery is dead? or is it supposed to work, even if battery is dead? becuase the FOBS don't seem to be working and there is no Immobiliser light what so ever inside the car flashing....

P.s - thanks for responding so quick.

RS6 C7
PM a guy called edde on here, He knows just about everything there is to know about these cars and he is usually more than willing to help :)

Petrol Blue 182.
if the battery is fully drained a jump start some times is not enought to start the car. get a new battery wacked on it, that would be my first point of call

Cliosport 182
The battery is brand new, has not been 3weeks since I installed it... how do I go about charging it?

you're battery is dead completely ,stuffed ,caput change it and disconnect you're amp its obviously sapping the power maybe wired wrong but take it out.

loud music distracts you from the road.;)

Sorry for not seeing this thread or replying.

I'd get the battery checked first off never mind jump starting if the batterys draining all the power as its complety dead there no point bothering. Might be worth trying to charge in but if its that dead in power its probaly finished.

check the fuses in the car there on the passenger side of the car on the dashboard facing the door check none are blown etc

When you do get the car up and running check there no lights etc in the boot staying on which maybe draining the battery.

as for the light by the gearshift its the alarm lioght the alarm might be stopping you start the car but since you have no lights or radio andd they work regardless of the alarm i'd recon the alarms not the issue,

Golf GTD Mk7
try bump starting it first mate. Would save a lot of faffing if it is the battery. It should fire up, but you might have a dodgy TB (sort of a limp mode) due to low voltage if the battery is fubard.

try bump starting it first mate. Would save a lot of faffing if it is the battery. It should fire up, but you might have a dodgy TB (sort of a limp mode) due to low voltage if the battery is fubard.
Pointless jump starting if there absolutly no power in the battery to run the ecu etc

Cliosport 182
you're battery is dead completely ,stuffed ,caput change it and disconnect you're amp its obviously sapping the power maybe wired wrong but take it out.

loud music distracts you from the road.;)

- Im sorry mate, I don't have an AMP in the car LOL, but ii know where you coming from lmfao,

Cliosport 182
Sorry for not seeing this thread or replying.

I'd get the battery checked first off never mind jump starting if the batterys draining all the power as its complety dead there no point bothering. Might be worth trying to charge in but if its that dead in power its probaly finished.

check the fuses in the car there on the passenger side of the car on the dashboard facing the door check none are blown etc

When you do get the car up and running check there no lights etc in the boot staying on which maybe draining the battery.

as for the light by the gearshift its the alarm lioght the alarm might be stopping you start the car but since you have no lights or radio andd they work regardless of the alarm i'd recon the alarms not the issue,

- You see edde, what I find hard to understand is that the battery is brand new, so it shouldn't be dead.... but tommorow I will remove it and stick it on charge... and also.. check all the fuses.. too see if there is any blown..

P.s would like to thank everyone for responding, ii was soo close to lighting it up like a comet LOL

Clio 182
Only problem is if the battey has went dead then it's not going to hold its charge - considering age of battery it sounds as if there may have been a constant live/ bad earth which has caused this, just take battery out then get it tested somewhere local, if it turns out to be dead though try sourcing the power drain before leaving it sitting for a while again though

Clio 182 inferno
Imagine if you had of torched it, all because of a battery!

Do you throw cars off cliffs when you get a puncture!?

- You see edde, what I find hard to understand is that the battery is brand new, so it shouldn't be dead.... but tommorow I will remove it and stick it on charge... and also.. check all the fuses.. too see if there is any blown..

P.s would like to thank everyone for responding, ii was soo close to lighting it up like a comet LOL
I its got a slow drain on it the bettery will go so low than a jump start etc won't get it going again infact if there very low they can just be dead.

george 172,205,metro
i remember messing with something like this before and turned out to be 1 of the main fuses in the engine bay after messing around for hours.
first port of call is the battery as u have nothing power wise by the sounds of it

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
surely if the battery is completely cooked, and is only 3 weeks old, you can take it back and swap it for a new one

Cliosport 182
- Okay, ii took the battery out, left it on charge... then reconnected it... and it didnt turn over... soo i hit it with a JUMP start and now it works... soo for the time being im just starting the car up every day too see if it styll has charge... if not im going to just go back to euro part and tel them there best selling batt is a bag of C#%? LOL...

thank you for the response & sense of humour, and yes when I get a puncture, and run it over a cliff :p