ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 milltek exhaust setup? What to do?

Clio RS 200
What do you guys recommend for 182 milltek exhaust setup?

I got milltek cat back on 2 weeks back from revolution in Newcastle
when rang to order they recommended milltek which was what I was planning on getting anyway but I was wanting to get non resonated but they said milltek just do the one system which is resonated and is only one they sell.

So rang milltek and they confirmed this saying they just sell the one system due to non res been too loud and says only suitable for track lol so therefore don't have listed on there site but come across this earlier

For those with a Milltek; wanting to remove the centre silencer, Milltek have now got a straight through pipe.

£99

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331155199496?_trksid=p2055120.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Anyway I ordered the standard cat back and now on the car but I'm wanting bit more sound as it's too quiet for my liking especially after owning a few imprezas.

There's slight blowing noise which was there with original exhaust, think it's from centre pipe/cat join? which is one reason why I've ordered decat

So I've ordered decat which is meant to be getting on next week along with a remap

But for you guys that have either or both, just wanting to know what you prefer or recommend before I spend a load more cash............ Decat pipe or straight through pipe OR both to go with my back box

I'm thinking of ordering this straight through pipe to go with decat also but before I decide what to do I want your opinions

CursedTitanium 182FF
My set up:

Std CAT with CAT mod
Non Res centre section
Std Milltek rear section

Sounds good, not to loud on low revs and doesn't drone.
The CAT mod is a must to get rid of the crapy olive join, that either blows or whistles.

As above more likely to be the olive joint but...

Cat-mani joint is a very common issue too. No point swapping a cat for a decat to get rid of a blowing joint if you don't refit using a new genuine Renault mani-cat joint (unless it's clearly very recently replaced anyway). About £18 IIRC. The cheap pattern ones have a bad rep.

Clio RS 200
Not doing it Just for that, want more sound as this milltek cat back hardly has any........ really disappointing.

Just deciding whether to get decat, straight through pipe or both

Any one with either milltek set up let me know your opinions

I'm thinking of getting both?