ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 N/S driveshaft

PH2 172
Thanks boys.
599ecfe0a6e20.gif

Clio 182
Last question. What lengh are inner tie rods? I got some in garage that ill be replacing but dont want to find out theyre wrong lengh after removing them..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
J&R only sell direct from eBay, Andrew Page will supply Shaftec products.
J&R seem to sell from their website too, (http://www.jandrcvjoints.co.uk/renault-clio-2.0-petrol-2003/catalogue/drive-shafts-509)unless I’ve misunderstood your post, which is quite likely 🙈:smile:. Does anyone know why there is one shaft priced at £29.95 in this link?

Soz to gatecrash this thread, but I have two driveshaft boots to replace and thought I may as well replace the shafts at this price........my car is lowered though, is the issue with this about the boot fouling on the gearbox? And will grinding a bit away solve the issue?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
J&R seem to sell from their website too, (http://www.jandrcvjoints.co.uk/renault-clio-2.0-petrol-2003/catalogue/drive-shafts-509)unless I’ve misunderstood your post, which is quite likely 🙈:smile:. Does anyone know why there is one shaft priced at £29.95 in this link?

Soz to gatecrash this thread, but I have two driveshaft boots to replace and thought I may as well replace the shafts at this price........my car is lowered though, is the issue with this about the boot fouling on the gearbox? And will grinding a bit away solve the issue?

I believe they all foul as a result of the boot expanding when warm.
I am not entirely sure on the reason behijd them not being suitable for lowered cars but a few people on here have ran them with no issues.
I am going to grind away the lump though jist to be sure.

PH2 172

DS21 is a RH 172 cup shaft without a support bearing.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Probably a couple of thousand tbf, worked out I’ve done about 4500 Miles I’m twelve months.

But if it helps I give it death from cold and no bend taken unless 67 degree turning angle.

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
DS21 is a RH 172 cup shaft without a support bearing.
Tidy, thanks! So for my non-Cup 172 I need the other two @ £50 a piece :up:. A shaft for less than £30 would've been mint though :yum::smile:!

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
what could possibly go wrong :/
Frankly, I don't know how my car is still going! Engine makes funny noises, gearbox whines, occasional crunch into 4th, and it spends it's life bouncing off the limiter :grinning:. The new shafts will prob hold it all together :cool:.

PH2 172
Im gonna have to, just paranoid because ive had bad luck with clio since i bought it hah

How so ?
If you paid £800 for it and thought it would be like brand new, you will be disappointed.
An £800 example will require £1k spending on it immediately, and then budget £1k a year to keep it in shape.

Clio 182
How so ?
If you paid £800 for it and thought it would be like brand new, you will be disappointed.
An £800 example will require £1k spending on it immediately, and then budget £1k a year to keep it in shape.
I paid £2500 but was so keen on owning it, I've not checked everything properly. I could of returned it but couldn't be arsed. Will just slowly fix her up how I want.

PH2 172
I paid £2500 but was so keen on owning it, I've not checked everything properly. I could of returned it but couldn't be arsed. Will just slowly fix her up how I want.

That`s not over the top for a good example, and it will hold or even gain value if you stay on top of it.
The only other problem other than this split boot was a sticking caliper?

Clio 182
That`s not over the top for a good example, and it will hold or even gain value if you stay on top of it.
The only other problem other than this split boot was a sticking caliper?
What do you mean on your second sentance?

PH2 172
What do you mean on your second sentance?

I saw you posted about a problem with the front calipers sticking.
I assume you sorted that?
TBH, that`s not unusual if it was stood on a forecourt for a while.

Clio 182
I saw you posted about a problem with the front calipers sticking.
I assume you sorted that?
TBH, that`s not unusual if it was stood on a forecourt for a while.
Ahh. Pads were seized in, replaced front pads and discs and cleaned carriers out, sorted it.
Theres a few more things I need to do, oil leak from gear selector shaft, sump gasket, poly bush ARB and steering rack bushes, poly bush dog bone.
Then cosmetical stuff: side repeaters different and one is cracked, headlight washer blanks, wheels refurb, replace piece of seat where my mate dropped superglue on, sort scuffs and scratches, fabia splitter, high level brake ligh and number plate lamp, front bumper respray, replace speedo lights to white.

I think that's it [emoji3]

PH2 172
Ahh. Pads were seized in, replaced front pads and discs and cleaned carriers out, sorted it.
Theres a few more things I need to do, oil leak from gear selector shaft, sump gasket, poly bush ARB and steering rack bushes, poly bush dog bone.
Then cosmetical stuff: side repeaters different and one is cracked, headlight washer blanks, wheels refurb, replace piece of seat where my mate dropped superglue on, sort scuffs and scratches, fabia splitter, high level brake ligh and number plate lamp, front bumper respray, replace speedo lights to white.

I think that's it [emoji3]

So where`s the bad luck?

Gear selector weep is a standard feature, unless there is a puddle under the car every morning, it amounts to 100cc a year.
Sump gasket? Nip the bolts up before going there.

I`ve just replaced clutch, gearbox (with 089) , fitted poly bushes to rack, ARB & wishbones, & it`s worth every penny of the 10% of the hit I would have taken from bought/leased a 2016 Fiesta ST.

Craigy69k

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 182 FF
Apologies for digging up again but J and R only sell one type for the 182, anyone know if these will fit a 182 cup pack, thanks?