ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 non cup with cup springs???

2004 clio 182
Hey, as far as im aware i have just a normal 182 and was wondering if it is possible to fit cup springs, without to much hassle? Its currently lowered just now (unsure on the springs but yellow) and it is killing the ride and my back! Ive looked at the eibach sportlines but would quite like something that renault designed for the car? The car is sitting on turini's, so hopen that cup springs would still give it a decent look?

Cheers!

rstuned 182ff bg
sounds like you might have apex 40m springs on, not good at all, as for the eibach sportlines , great springs i really liked the set i had,

2014 Clio 200t edc
Yes cup springs fit perfectly and look good too, gives it the same ride height as a cup packed car.

2004 clio 182
Im not sure on the eibachs yet, its just cause ive seen cup springs reasonably cheap and thought they would still give a good ride and stance!

Inferno 182 & Saxo
Yes cup springs will sort you out mate, however they dont "drop" it as much as say sportlines do which in my opinion offer the best performance/looks combo (before going to coil overs etc)

Difference between cup pack and non cup springs is 3mm ride height iirc.

Exactly this, 3mm lol.

Bear in mind you can only change the springs (different compressed height [slightly ^^^] and different spring rate) you won't be able to fit the cup dampers as well.

Suspension design is all about matching the damping coefficient to the spring rate to the chassis. Assuming Renault have done their job cup dampers match cup springs perfectly and non-cup springs match non-cup dampers perfectly. Would be interesting to see what happens when you mix and match. It would seem that sportlines are the way forward however if you want looks and a sportier ride.

Renaultsport Clio 182
definitely go for sportlines mate - if you go from the Apex springs back to Cup springs your car will look like an off-roader!