ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 not starting - Solid red light

CrashBurnFly

ClioSport Club Member
  various
The attached may help others with similar faults.

My 182 has just developed this fault and much helpful info on this thread so I can hopefully track it down quickly.

Attachments

• IMMOBILISER Fault Finding.pdf
    436.6 KB · Views: 144

CrashBurnFly

ClioSport Club Member
  various
One faulty wire in the end, the sleeve of the wore had a tiny hole in it and the wire inside had deteriorated to nothing basically. It looked like green powder.
View attachment 1535342View attachment 1535343

It's much bigger in the pictures because I'd been fiddling around with it.

Mick found the issue and replaced the whole cable for me.

Issues noted by Mick.
View attachment 1535345

I just need to fix an issue with my clutch this weekend and I can finally start to enjoy it again.
Hi Darryl - can you tell us exactly where this wire is in the car and what it is connected to?

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Hi Darryl - can you tell us exactly where this wire is in the car and what it is connected to?

I believe the wire that was damaged was one of the several wires connected to the ECU behind the battery in the engine bay. You'll need to remove the tape/shielding to uncover the group of wires. I can't really give much help to be honesty, as Mick sorted the issue out for me.

CrashBurnFly

ClioSport Club Member
  various
My car is now behaving itself and the immobiliser fault has not returned.
The issue was occasional and then increasing frequent - I would get in my car and the immobiliser light would stay on red and sometimes allow the engine to turn for c3 seconds and not start and then stop turning over. I took it to Rentec in Portsmouth https://www.ren-tech.co.uk/ and very quickly he identified the issue and fixed it. He ran a full diagnostic test. The chip in the key fob was at fault and he reprogrammed it AND supplied and programmed a new additional key fob and then did some other work and the bill was just over £100 which I think is a bargain. If you have a misbehaving 172/182 and you live in the south go and see him - he knows these cars inside out and he drives a 182 Cup himself.

Clio Sport 182 Sport
One faulty wire in the end, the sleeve of the wore had a tiny hole in it and the wire inside had deteriorated to nothing basically. It looked like green powder.
View attachment 1535342View attachment 1535343

It's much bigger in the pictures because I'd been fiddling around with it.

Mick found the issue and replaced the whole cable for me.

Issues noted by Mick.
View attachment 1535345

I just need to fix an issue with my clutch this weekend and I can finally start to enjoy it again.
***EDIT***

No need to answer as I’ve just seen someone else asked same question.

Hi. What was this wire connected?