ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 - Occasional Starting Problems?

The Beast MK4
Hi folks,

Right the following is becoming a common occurance when im in a rush. Its always when im in a rush! lol

1. Car starts fine.
2. Car parks at ASDA 24 miles later.
3. 5 mins in ASDA and return to the car.
4. Turn key but engine doesn't attempt to turn however full electrics come on.
5. 20 mins later or after a short walk the car starts!!!!

Strange thing is if I take the time to put off the radio and air con before I stop it starts no problem after a short trip. Which suggests the battery but that seems to be fine. :S

Is this the famous Renault immobiliser up to its tricks again or could it be the alternator is not doing its job.

Anyone work this one out?

Sounds similar to what used to happen to me. I cud drive to the local supermarket, park up for ten mins and when i got bk to me car it wudnt start(the starter turns but engine not fartin up). This was really embarrasing and tbh i first thought it was me petrol pump as i cud play with the cap(under the rear seat) and it wud start most the time.

I later found out it was my TDC Sensor so if i was u id check to see if uve had the new style(new got a blue plug and old 1 as a black plug) sensor put on or not and if not get 1 and do that as im pretty sure it'll be that. Ive changed mine(simple job) and its been fine since.

The sensor is on the gearbox under your air filter (2 the left).

If its the immobiliser your red light stays on, so if it flashes then goes solid then out its not that + i thought bout me immobiliser when mine was doin it so i took the key apart and found that u can turn the key, the starter motor wud turn over for a few seconds then stop whilst im still turnin the key.

The Beast MK4
Any ideas folks? TDC sensor is ruled out as it doesn't turn over.

Overnight its fine, 30 mins is fine but a trip to the petrol station and it won't start!! Drives me mad and is very embarrasing. lol

A

ashy_gtt

starter motor? check you are getting 12v to the solenoid when you turn the key and it doesn't turning over!