ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 on ledas

A few pics of my car on ledas.

If anyone is thinking of performance mods coilovers should be first on the list. A few extra bhp is nothing to the change in the car you will feel from getting it to handle properly.

Attachments

• spo1.jpg
    spo1.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 142
  • spo2.jpg
    spo2.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 167
  • spo3.jpg
    spo3.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 67
  • spo4.jpg
    spo4.jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 81
I would say about an inch at the back and the liners had to come out at the front as it was rubbing.

It catches on my driveway now so definately lower. As Andy says it was to make it handle better not to deck it. They are as low as they will go on the back anyway.

They retail at about £1250 ish but the group buy Gary organised got them down to £900. I think Gary can still get them cheaper.

I think that aswell why lower it. if it was suppose to be lower than it is im sure renaultsport would of done it. its not a standard clio and you wasted money on the cup sus pack and then lower it why IMHO

matt it is lower and does benefit from it.

at the end of the day a cupped clio is a still a compromise. I think The ledas are much harder but still supple enough not to be harsh. This gives much better body control in corners and when braking. The car feels much sharper with more feel.

Looking at the Leda against the OEM they are in a different league in terms of quality plus the twin tubed shocks with adjustable damping would be too expensive to put on a car in this price range as standard.

The cupped clio handles well but IMO the coilovers make it much much better

phoenixy said:
looks nice dude will it go any lower?

Not at the back with the 6" springs it uses.

You can get 5" and 4" springs but the minimum rate these come in, from leda, is 300lb which would be too much for me.

The dimensions of the rear spring are a standard size which you can get easily, unlike the balooned out spring you usually get on the rear, so it would be possible to go lower with a diff spring length.

IMO if you are just interested in decking it go for something cheaper then these.

Focus ST
I know it's all about the handling, and not how low it goes, but to be honest I think that is the perfect level of lowering anyway. I think any lower looks daft, especially on standard rims.

I may have to get onto Gary about getting some...........

Thanks for all the comments.

Lucas they are alot of cash but they are definately money well spent.

I took about a 10 mile detour tonight on my way back from work even in the pouring rain I was having that much fun! They are a major improvement over the standard cars handling.

I have got a more road biased setup with 200lb front and 250lb rear springs which IMO is fine for the road.

E91 M Sport
Sorry, not trying hijack the thread, but if you don't want to splash out on Coilovers Lucas, the apex springs lower the car about the same and cost a 1/10th of the price (unless you snap the abs cable, then its nearer 1/9 ;))

People have mentioned that it can cause muchos stress on the dampers...only time will tell I guess, but I'm extemely pleased with the handling vs. comfort. Only very slightly firmer than standard.

low2.jpg

Lionel Richie
Gary G said:
You know thats not true...

P.S i'm not gay ;) lol

MACHO MACHO MAN, I WANNA BE A MACHO MAN

Gary just because my 1.2 can woop yo ass through the twistys doesn't mean you have to get all upset

Thanks to Andy for fitting. I even got some chips for my dinner although I did have to make the tea!

There were some very nice Renaults being fettled in the work shop a couple of 5 turbos a V6, valvers, mccardel's 182? with brembos, recaros and half an engine! a silver ph1 172 (nice motor) being setup and a couple of Audi S3's and to round it all off the demo car which was a very very quick car. If you are into your Renaults it is definately worth having a look around (you should start organising tours Andy).

Andy GDI said:
Perhaps a visiting day?

Why not it would give people a chance to see what it is all about.

To be honest if you hadnt taken me out in the demo car I would not have thought there would be so much difference between standard and tuned and would not have considered spending the cash.

Last edited:
so would a trophy see any advantage fitting these our is the trophy suspension better? i dont have a trophy just intrested to see if they would be better?

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z
There would still be compromise in the Sachs setup on the trophy but it wouldnt be alot (ride height is definately one) and due to it being a remote canister system it would probably perform as well if not better than the standard leda kit. However, Leda can offer a remote canister upgrade for similar money to the Sachs kit on the trophy.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider
I have driven the Trophy....

a 182 with the Bilstein coilovers on handles better on track than the trophy... (not just my opinion... a few people have tested it)

The Leda kit will allow you to go softer than the Billies and I can confirm also handle better than the Trophy, based on the fact that reviews of the Ledas so far are comparable if not better in some areas than the Bilsteins

A.