ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 onboard computer not working

Clio 182 FF
Recently purchased a 182 FF but the on board computer does not seem to be working. The trip works fine but the readings relating to mpg and range are just showing two flat lines ( --). Have tried resetting but does not seem to do anything.

Has anyone come across this problem?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Mk2 Ph2 172
Press and hold the computer scroll button on the end of the wiper stalk...

Turn ignition on... The clocks will start going crazy

Then while they are going up and down, press the trip re-set button on the dials/clocks !!!

That will re-set it :) drive for a little while and it should be fine :)

Clio 182 FF
Thanks Pastieman, Il give it a go in the morning and report back :)

Only got the car Saturday and it seems to be drinking fuel. Even considering me having a heavy right foot at the minute!

Hopefully this will sort the computer so I can see some mpg figures.

I know there are tonnes of posts regarding mpg but what do you tend to get (city/town driving)?

Mk2 Ph2 172
I generally drive the cilo with a heavy foot and I return 30-32 mpg on my drive to work mixed town and dual carriage way !!!

Anything 30 above is cool tbh

Fiesta ZS/182 Cup
Did the reset to my trip computer this morning and after driving about 0.5miles all displays are now working!
37.8mpg on a very short town 4 mile drive. Not bad at all!