ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 only 24.4 mpg

ST
I get around 25mpg tops in the R27...new engine and all that..nearly 600 miles in, i doubt it'll get any better.

Its been said before, if you want high mpg figures buy a diesel!!

172 FF
i easily get 35 most of the time i get 38 and i do mainly town driving and i dont drive like an "old fart" I just drive steady slowing down early for lights so you dont actully stop an so on. however i always seem to boot on dual carridge ways and things but it stays about 36-38mpg !

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
never got under 32mpg when i had my 182, 34-35 easy in the 172. Even hassling elises on track it only fell to 24!

182FF c/w Recaros
i do mostly short journeys and get between 26 and 30 mpg but if i do a long trip (car show etc) i have seen 36mpg once.

Same with me. Short journeys 25-30.

Long journeys 30-40.

Got 45 on the way home from Wales once but I was knackered and had the cruise on for an hour at 55mph :eek:

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
All i can say is if people are averaging 35ish mpg they are driving like old farts or lots of motorway driving

Now thats rather amusing :lolup:

As far as i can tell, i drive it normally when im driving anywhere built up and then when the road permits i give it beans, but i wouldn't say i drive like a fart at all.....just ask my girlfriend!
She has a 182 and she doesn't drive as fast as i do when im going full tilt but shes alot nippier in and around town and her MPG suffers for it.

I drove hers recently after a fill up and with a mix of fast driving on the right roads and calm driving everywhere else i managed to get 40mpg+ out of it...she rarely betters 35!

Drive like an idiot 24/7 then expect your fuel consumption to suffer.....simple really.:D

No more clio's for me!
All i can say is if people are averaging 35ish mpg they are driving like old farts or lots of motorway driving

As far as i can tell, i drive it normally when im driving anywhere built up and then when the road permits i give it beans, but i wouldn't say i drive like a fart at all.....just ask my girlfriend!
She has a 182 and she doesn't drive as fast as i do when im going full tilt but shes alot nippier in and around town and her MPG suffers for it.

I drove hers recently after a fill up and with a mix of fast driving on the right roads and calm driving everywhere else i managed to get 40mpg+ out of it...she rarely betters 35!

Drive like an idiot 24/7 then expect your fuel consumption to suffer.....simple really.:D

Agree!

Obviously people on here just nail it everywhere in 3rd gear at 7krpm! lol

You can drive a clio quick without having to rag it!

Nissan 350z + 206 Dturbo
reset the mpg clock now got 31.9 mpg wohooooo

it was just me being a n*b head

cheers to evryone that helped me :)

172 FF
to be honest ive never had mine lower than 30mpg cant see how you can unless you just sit racing into red lights or in first gear only?

Monaco Ph2 172
I think people should say what brand and octane rating fuel they use when quoting MPG figures. I have found that it makes a big difference!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I think people should say what brand and octane rating fuel they use when quoting MPG figures. I have found that it makes a big difference!

Never noticed much difference myself, prehaps we should do a cs brand test? Do a weekly work run on your average fuel and on optimax?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've done that before.

Tesco 99 is pish.
Optimax/V-power wins.

I actually ran out mid-afternoon on a trackday when running Tesco 99. Always have enough left to get home when I run V-power.

Day to day, week to week, I get 3-5, maybe even 7 more mpg extra on V-power than anything else I've tried.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car

Agree!

Obviously people on here just nail it everywhere in 3rd gear at 7krpm! lol

You can drive a clio quick without having to rag it!
40 mpg just isn't possible IMO if you're giving even 25%.

35 is easily doable though and as Danny has said, you don't need to beat it to death to get it to move. Keep it beetween 2 and 4k in every gear and that should be ample for town driving and will still see progress made, especially if you can change gear properly.

Sounds like lead footitis to me, nothing more, nothing less.

clioproj/skylinegtst/merc
my misssus clio 182 was doin the same thing took it for its first mot and was knock sensor was running rich and failed emmisions afta the reving it up for an hour to try and get it through

FF Blackgold 182
I can get 34 on average in my 182 and as anyone who knows me will vouch, I don't drive slowly!

Black 172 FF
1071876923_14ecfcee49.png

:rasp:

Clio 182
I average 31, and thats driving quick pretty much all the time - lots of it is motorway though, which probably isnt quite as bad, even if you are going 100

cup 182 mit stripes
Hi Len. Couple of months ago, a Sunday it was. Emptied the tank and stuck a measured gallon back in [another one in the boot] Drove in the best frugal manner I knew how, into 5th and kept it there at 40 mph.
Got 41.1 miles before she coughed to a halt. Beat that in a 197. LOL

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Hi Len. Couple of months ago, a Sunday it was. Emptied the tank and stuck a measured gallon back in [another one in the boot] Drove in the best frugal manner I knew how, into 5th and kept it there at 40 mph.
Got 41.1 miles before she coughed to a halt. Beat that in a 197. LOL
Long time no see Jim.

Elise 111R
I see 35 mpg everyday unless im off on a long motorway trip i.e to bristol where i get 40+ easily dont know what your doing unless your always above the 5k rpm mark?

182 clio renaultsport
yeh normally get about 24 in town driving, and about 30, 31 day to day driving had it up to about 46 on motorway once
how accurate is the mpg gauge ive always wondered

Mk2 172
yeh normally get about 24 in town driving, and about 30, 31 day to day driving had it up to about 46 on motorway once
how accurate is the mpg gauge ive always wondered

I would of said it was preety damn accurate due to the fact that it works off the mileometer in the car which doesnt lie and it knows what the engines doin fuel wise etc.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
my computer thing says around 36mpg but i havent reset it since i bought the car 6 weeks ago.

generally get 75-85 miles per £10 of fuel. any kind person want to work out my mpg? :)

Black-Gold 182
Mine did the same, until one day i switched it on and my dash lit up like a christmas tree. Turned out the lamda sensor had died and the engine had been pumping fuel straight out the exhaust. Try getting that checked.