ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 OR FRS?

Thinking of changing my 182 and struggling to decide what to go for, I like the FRS a lot but am unsure about buying an older car with more mileage thats worth more that the Clio.

Thoughts please.......

Still like the Clio, fun to drive etc but just fancy a change.

Test drive it an see.

Not sure which Id go for the FRS probably would win if I didn't do as much milage.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
182 is the pretty much same as what you have, especially if its a phase 2. FRS drink mind, and in standard trim not alot (if at all) faster.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I'd go and drive a focus.My wife has the new TDCI focus and the handling is fantastic.
Just drive an RS and see

ian

Els

Inferno 182 Cup
My mates got a Focus 1.4 shell with a FRS engine in there, the first to be done in the UK. He got the full transplant done by Pumabuild, cost him a shed load to do but its currently running at 320BHP the thing is MENTAL!!!!

One of the fastest cars ive ever been in due to the power to weight is class, weights a lot less than the normal FRS.

Hes had it featured in Fast ford and performance ford... Fair play..

But i would go for FRS mate, got plenty of room to play after... power wise

182BG
I would say FRS if mpg isn't an issue and you don't mind a bit of torquesteer ;)

or HUGE amounts of torque steer when modded lol

Leon Cupra R 225
I would say FRS if mpg isn't an issue and you don't mind a bit of torquesteer ;)

lol. torquesteer came as standard with the RS... I get some in my LCR, can be most entertaining! :approve:

Abarth Grande Punto
personally the FRS depending on how it drives, never driven one but very rare and a real head turner!

My mates got a Focus 1.4 shell with a FRS engine in there, the first to be done in the UK. He got the full transplant done by Pumabuild, cost him a shed load to do but its currently running at 320BHP the thing is MENTAL!!!!

One of the fastest cars ive ever been in due to the power to weight is class, weights a lot less than the normal FRS.

Hes had it featured in Fast ford and performance ford... Fair play..

But i would go for FRS mate, got plenty of room to play after... power wise
I've got a lot of respect for that - I love my fast fords (can I say that on here ?? lol) Plus pumabuild seem to be one of the companies at the forefront of the ford world with their mods & conversions :)

182BG

lol. torquesteer came as standard with the RS... I get some in my LCR, can be most entertaining! :approve:

Yeh i was quite shocked by how much though, been driving an FRS for the past two weeks and it can be a bit of a b**ch at times. Good fun though,
but....... i can honestly say i still found my 172 cup that little more entertaining

PH1_172
FRS all day long then get the GGR(Graham Goode Racing) package upgrade for a 330bhp upgrade, includes tubular manifold, bigger turbo, remap, full de-cat and panel filter with custom airbox, lovely

Leon Cupra R 225

Yeh i was quite shocked by how much though, been driving an FRS for the past two weeks and it can be a bit of a b**ch at times. Good fun though,
but....... i can honestly say i still found my 172 cup that little more entertaining

that's because the 172 Cup will kill the Foci round the twisties all day long ;)

Leon Cupra R 225
FRS all day long then get the GGR(Graham Goode Racing) package upgrade for a 330bhp upgrade, includes tubular manifold, bigger turbo, remap, full de-cat and panel filter with custom airbox, lovely

lovely... but you'll be dead 5 mins after setting off with that power going through the front wheels :S