ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 or Leon Cupra 1.8 20V T

Hi all,

new on here, looking for some advice from Renault Clio 172 / 182 owners. Ill be changing car within next couple of months. TBH within my £ range there aint much out there I like, however have narrowed it down to:

Seat Leon Cupra (not R) 1.8 20V T, year 03 or 04.
Renault 172 (not Cup) or 182, few months old max.
Honda Civic Type R, year 03 or 04 (kind of gone off it now, dont really know why!)

So, between LC and 172 / 182 which would you choose? I currently drive an XR2i and kind of feel Id like to move up a car size, hence looking at Leon and Civic. Would any of you choose the Leon if you were changing your Clio, if not why not?

Help me decide guys!

Dave

Leon is quick and has the scope to be quicker, if youre into that kind of thing. Theyre a nice size too, come stacked to the hilt with stuff and are cheap but well built. 17s and Brembros.

Porsche Boxster

alrite mate

i just bought a second hand 172 pretty cheaply and i can say i am well pleased with it. i test drove loads of cars (civic type r, focus rs + st 170,corolla t sport, 172,182 & cup!)

i almost went for the civic, but pound for pound u really cant beat the 172. i personally didnt feel like the civic was any quicker. it felt pretty even, but low down i think the clio has a slight edge cos the civics engine needs to be worked hard, but once ur in the vtec zone it really goes some! its all down to ur personal pref at the end of the day. my advice is to just go out there and get a test drive!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Leon is a bit of a barge, good engine, but not exactly nimble. Bigger car than the Clio though, so more practical. Clio much more fun.