ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 PAS pump losing fluid and smoking!!

FF Clio Sport 182
So basically, long story short, went for a hoon late tuesday night/wednesday morning with 3 other cars, come up to a roundabout at the end of a A-road, braked hard coming up to it and the steering went REALLY heavy! I thought it may have been a damper of some sort as the ABS kicked in. Exit the roundabout and its still heavy. Pull up and there's fluid EVERYWHERE and smoke!
Took it into work today and had a very quick look as had alot on, soon as you put fluid in it, it comes out from behind the pump pulley!
So obviously its bol***ed! I've found one local for £30 and will go grab it tonight, but its from a '51 plate 172! Will it be compatible with my '55 plate 182?

Thanks

Lionel Richie
Yes it'll fit fine but its a false economy fitting a second hand pump, 3hour job to change, a recon unit is only £150

FF Clio Sport 182
Finally pulled my finger out and made a start on it today (Been using the 5GTT for time being)
Does anyone have a routing diagram for the belt? Have had a good look through and can't find anything anywhere?
Thanks.

Lionel Richie
round the crank under the waterpump, over the PAS, under the tensioner over the alternator, round the AC, over the idler back to the crank, t**t to do