ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Petrol Blue on Ebay

T12

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Monaco Clio 172
Hi all,
Went and viewed the Petrol blue 182 in the link below this morning. I travelled a fair distance as i know its a very rare/sought after colour and I've always wanted to own one. Unfortunately the rear wheel arch surrounding metal has some very bad rusting, which would not be a cheap fix, and the paint fix afterwards would have to be done by Renault themselves (from what I've been told). I was surprised by this as Clio's usually have a good track record against rusting. There is no mention of this problem in the ad.
I am posting this just to make aware, anyone looking to travel any medium-to-long distance to view it (like myself) for a wasted trip.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2005-05-R...420?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item51cf85f7d4

Just noticed the price has also been increased by £500 due to the interest they have had. Take from that what you will.
Cheers

FatRS

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Megane 250
The third to last petrol blue ever to be built. Both cup packs specced from new also.
Mighty price. I should have got £5K for mine at that selling price and rust.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to see it this morning as well. Luckily I live in Worcester so wasn't a wasted journey. The arch and the lacquer peel by the at the bottom of the same arch put me off.

T12

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Monaco Clio 172
They're upping and lowering their price like a whores draws
I noticed that aswell! They got 3-4 people interested in the first day of the ad going up, so up'd the price thinking they were underselling. Now people have seen the awful state of the arch and walked away, they have suddenly realised that its not worth what they were hoping for. xD

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Rb Clio 182
Just @T12 said the surrounding area of the rear wheel arch has rust don't know what he means ?? And how bad is it ??

@Saner I thought any body shop could do it thanks for the information

Might take a drive up and look at it

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Just @T12 said the surrounding area of the rear wheel arch has rust don't know what he means ?? And how bad is it ??

I had the whole front end done on mine by a Ferrari approved body shop. Had to go back to them twice because they didn't give it the attention needed. But they got there in the end!

T12

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
  Monaco Clio 172

Hi mate, the rust is around the entire rear wheel arch on the passenger side of the car. The rust has rotted through from the inside, and caused the paintwork to bubble and its clearly visible from the exterior. The dealer told me they would be sanding it back, filling what needed to be filled and then getting it painted over the top. As you are probably aware, this is not really dealing with the problem, simply masking over it. The metal really would need to cut out and replaced with a new sheet to resolve the issue, as the problem could persist in the future.

This explains Diagro's post up above, with the garage saying there is no rust on the car, because they have had the work done. There is probably no rust visible on the car now, but the problem is still underlying there from what I can gather. There was also a noticeable scratch along the passenger front wing (thought I would let you know about that too).

Anymore info needed, just give me a shout chap.
Tony

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fairly sure it has been painted. I drive past it from time to time. I know they were painting the N/S front corner as it had a small scratch.
From driving past the paint job on the front corner looks really bad and the arch looked similar.