ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Piper exhaust

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Anybody have one and what are your thoughts on this system, looks pretty tidy for £410

TREN11SA.jpg

is dirty.
Does look pretty smart? I haven't ever seen a Piper one before. Where do you get them from?
Hows the car? You going to be at that meet on the 8th now?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Looks Quite Nice but can't you get a Yozza Exhaust or a 2nd Hand BTB for that Price

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
I used to have a saxo and that had a piper on it, the quality was top dog and the sound was very good as well, quite throaty (sp) it was fairly loud though.
All the people i knew that had ones on saxperience rated them highly.
So i would imagine it would be the same for the 182

avstar1

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup
I had a similar setup to the above design from prospeed... if I was doing it again I would go with a double backbox design like the standard exhaust which the likes of BTB and Miltek K-tec et al do. In my opinion you are only reducing the flow by having one pipe though one backbox design.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i have a gdi/ piper system on my 172, love it, by far the best exhaust ive ever had

had one on my ph1 also

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
I had a similar setup to the above design from prospeed... if I was doing it again I would go with a double backbox design like the standard exhaust which the likes of BTB and Miltek K-tec et al do

I was thinking of doing the reverse, my blueflame system back boxes weigh a tonne, thought the single box set up would be lighter

mine at the mo

Cant tell if it's a Piper or GDI one, but the Piper systems are 2.25 and the GDI ones are the 2.5 systems. They also did them on the 172 yes, I have one on my Ph1 and Laura has one for her Ph2

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Cant tell if it's a Piper or GDI one, but the Piper systems are 2.25 and the GDI ones are the 2.5 systems. They also did them on the 172 yes, I have one on my Ph1 and Laura has one for her Ph2

why the difference in size? better gains? What are most bores? 62.5? :S Not sure what that equates too...

I like the Miltek, YS is too loud and No sure about the BTB. Piper 182 system looks good as does the new scorpion!

Plenty of choice thats for sure.

Most are 2.25 standard, but 2.5 is better for power aye, especially on modified cars it would seem. Mine on ITB's would have been strangled with a 2.25, it blew an 11 inch hole in the last stainless system due to backpressure... and the system being a winky wanky Powerflow that wasn't from Top Gear.

Renaultsport Clio 182
I am due to have GDI fit a Piper one to mine in a few weeks: it is a custom one unique to them they inform me

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
I am due to have GDI fit a Piper one to mine in a few weeks: it is a custom one unique to them they inform me

Is it the 182 system they're fitting a 2.5" bore system with twin 3.5 inch tailpipes. If so, its not unique to them. We can supply them just like any other Piper dealer

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
the 2.5 inch is gdi only , the 2.25" is supplied by piper to anyone, this is the way it stood last year anyway

Piper only supply the 2.5 one for the 182, they no longer make the 2.25. The design is the same as Yozza and Supersprint. It weighs significantly less than the standard twin box design.

I fitted mine last week. The sound is amazing! I find it a much nicer pitch than the Yozzas and Milltek. They aren't raspy but more deep and burble(y)! Very pleased with it!
The welding is also top notch too.

I'll get a vid up sometime, due a decat aswell in the next few weeks!