ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 possible coilpack issues

So i recently run my 182 far too long on a failing exhaust... holes getting worse and worse, louder and louder until my neighbours actually complained about the noise :/

I went for the Scorpion Resonated Daytona and now it sounds great... except its firing uneven.

The engine light was coming on intermittantly for about a week before i got the exhaust done, i thought the new exhaust would clear it. But after a week the engine light is still coming on intermittantly. My mechanic who fitted the exhaust said he thinks its the coil packs...

My question is, any way of identifying the exact point of the problem or will i have to change everything, coil pack, pencils, leads and spark plugs?

Cheers

why can't your mechanic do a diagnostic on it?

He did and he told me that somethings wrong with the coilpack... my question is how do i identify which part of the coilpack system is at fault so i dont have to replace the entire thing.

STEVE.M Thanks... ill look through the link :)

Westfield, 182, 200
I've had a misfire on a 1.2 and changed the coil pack, it was a duff injector.
I had a 172 with a misfire and that was an injector too, but it ran on 3 cylinders rather than had a misfire like the 1.2
I put a cheap diagnostic reader on my 172 and it came up misfire cylinder number 'X', the 1.2 just came up misfire.
FYI, cylinder number 1 is nearest the flywheel!