ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 prices - the 197 effect...

What does everyone think the effect of the new Clio 197 will have on 2nd hand 182 prices over the next few months ?

182's still seem to be holding value pretty well at the moment - sure sign of a great car I guess...

I'd expect once the 197 becoame availiable on discount it will knock used 197 pries even more so 182 prices will drop further.
Afte r all when you can get a 197 for say £13.5k a demo one will be £11k or so. The 182 even a late one will be worth about £9k IMO.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I don't think the 182's will depreciate any faster than before the 197 , its a completely different car , and as i don't like the look of the 197 and i'm sure that there are plenty of other people who agree that the 182 is a much nicer looking car , so it won't affect it that much imo .

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
MRBILLYUK said:
I don't think the 182's will depreciate any faster than before the 197 , its a completely different car , and as i don't like the look of the 197 and i'm sure that there are plenty of other people who agree that the 182 is a much nicer looking car , so it won't affect it that much imo .

I totally agree with you there. A car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it, no matter what the age or milage. If it's wanted and someone has one it good condition, people will always be willing to pay. That's my opinion anyway, sod what the dealers tell you! ;)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
MRBILLYUK said:

I agree with you there m8. I just hope you're right about it not affecting the resale price! :cool:

D.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Nice one . Somebody agrees with me , lol . I was expecting to be slagged of tbh .At the end of the day , if somebody is in the market for a new car and have a few grand to play with they aren't going to go for a new car that they don't like the look of , they are most likely to go for a good condition second hand one that they do like the look of , so keeping depreciation levels normal .

D

dick

i think the 182 has a much more cartooney shape to it. think about it nxt time. u see um together?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
dick said:
i think the 182 has a much more cartooney shape to it. think about it nxt time. u see um together?

So how would you describe the shape of the 197 other than boring and bland ??

Its not exactly a head turner is it :rasp:

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
dick said:
hmm dunno, but seeing them together, looks lot more grown up?

So does a ford focus , lol .So what would you rather have ? A carooteny ( your words ) shape thats fun to drive or a more serious grown up looking car ? i know which i would have :)

The 172 values have dropped drastically in the past few months, particuarly the Cup it seems. Just 3 months ago I was offered nearly £8000 for my Cup, looking at values now it would struggle to get £7000.

I would expect a similar drop in 182 values eventually, especially when they all pass that 3 year old mark where the warranty runs out.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
^^^^ I'd say you've hit the nail on there head there mate . Having a warranty gives you some peace of mind so would keep the cars price slightly higher , after the warranty runs out it could potentially put some buyers off .

LY 200
They still seem to be selling for between 9 and 10k on trader so i cant see them losing too much anytime soon.

People are still asking between 7 and 8k for cup so i rekon it will take another year for lower milaged 182's to drop to that........Boy im so glad i got a rare liquid one though, the amount of competition theer is on the trader to sell racing/arctic/titanium ones is mad!!!

R

rich[182]

Think I may take out an extra 1 year warranty with mine before november, ok for me if I keep and will be more appealing to buyers if I sell in the winter, even if it costs me upwards of £250 I think it's worth it tbh

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
id suspect an initial drop, then Plateau out eventually, remember mk1 exclusives are still for sale at £6995!!!!!!!

The price will drop no matter what it's a Renault!!
However the 172 & 182 were directly comparable so the release of the 182 had a bigger effect.

But as some people have said the 197 is a different car altogether, it has moved up a size, and if I was looking to replace the 182 it wouldn’t be a 197 because I like my cars small and compact and the 197 just isn’t, it’s more in the Focus/Civic mould.

I think that 172’s & 182’s might even become more desirable now that you can no longer get that shape.