ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 problems

Clio 182, megane r26
Hi
Ive had the car parked up not used for quite some time until recently i got my gearbox taken out had a lsd fitted and then put back in. The car always slightly struggled to start before but now more so. When you do eventually get it goin it only revs upto about 6k and starts letting off pops and bangs which it never did before. In neutral it revs all the way up but does make abit off a gurgling type noise around the 6k mark. Do you guys have any idea of what the problem could be or if you had similar issues?
Thanks

dan's cast offs.
lambda with live data, crank sensor is hit and miss to check, more miss than hit as well to make it worse!!

PH2 172
Hi
Ive had the car parked up not used for quite some time until recently i got my gearbox taken out had a lsd fitted and then put back in. The car always slightly struggled to start before but now more so. When you do eventually get it goin it only revs upto about 6k and starts letting off pops and bangs which it never did before. In neutral it revs all the way up but does make abit off a gurgling type noise around the 6k mark. Do you guys have any idea of what the problem could be or if you had similar issues?
Thanks
How old is the fuel?
Here`s a little interesting read.
http://www.theminiforum.co.uk/forums/topic/218825-shelf-life-of-unleaded-fuel/

PH2 172
[QUOTE="Adi316, post: 11244377, member: 113084do. you think it running on v power makes any difference?[/QUOTE]
To what?

Clio 182, megane r26
Yeah ive seen quite a few and they vary alot in prices.. cant be just £80 difference for adapter

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I don't know about your car only revving to 6k , whether thats related to the crank sensor? I had a slight problem with starting about 12 months ago , it was intermittent . After reading a few posts on here I took off the tdc sensor , cleaned it and It's been fine ever since . Have you tried cleaning yours ?

Clio 182, megane r26
Yeh took mine off this morning, found that the clip off the adapter was broken and wires were abit loose. So i cleaned the sensor and took an adapter bit off a megane and put that on but couldnt get car started at all now. Do you know if it makes a difference which way the wires are connected at all?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yeh took mine off this morning, found that the clip off the adapter was broken and wires were abit loose. So i cleaned the sensor and took an adapter bit off a megane and put that on but couldnt get car started at all now. Do you know if it makes a difference which way the wires are connected at all?
To be honest , I haven't got a clue about the wires . I just cleaned mine and it's been fine ever since .

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
'But a b**ch aint one'.

Spotted this thread a few times and have resisted until now.

Op hope you sort the issue :)