ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 question, fluids

Ford Fiesta

isnt the brake fluid mentioned on the inside cover or is that the power sterring fluid, the tranself stuff?

Liam

Ford Fiesta

is yours low, or do you just want some like me so you know they use the right stuff?

P

peterh2

If its not done enough miles to need its first service yes they should top it up free.

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 14 January 2005

yeh both my power steering and brake fluid are nearly on " min ", whats yours on

last time i checked they wernt on minimum. Any lights on?

hi, no lights on, the only light i get is the stop and brake one when going up steep hills, never get it other times

my brother in law said we need d2 for the steering and he will check on mon for the break fluid. ive done 8k, im now getting worried. wheres a torch when you need one!:(

ok found a torch

here we go.... whats the one in the middle (sort of a clear bottle) mines just above min.

im not even looking for the break fluid then, ill leave that for my other half to do!

i know typical woman;)

yeh thats the one. give me credit, i found the water (when itd run out) the windscreen wash that is

[Edited by 182storm on 15 January 2005 at 9:07pm]

lol very good,when you get chance check the little on to the right (power steering), and there is one behind the back of the engine to the left of the water (brake fluid) that one is under the engine cover

Ford Fiesta

Ill check mine next time too, properly that is. Sure only about half way though. The collant is bang on maximum they only come half filled from new so filled it up with renault coolant when I got the car!

update **

well renault said its not covered under warranty (unless there is a leak), so i go to the parts department and ask for brake fluid, power steering fluid and coolant, it turned out they had no retail brake fluid so they filled me a bottle up from the garage and gave it to me for free !!!, then he gave me the power steering fluid and neither of them could find the price of it so in the end they gave me that free too !!!!!!, so in the end all i paid for was 1litre of coolant.

left the service dept very happy, quite impressed with there service, now im all topped up and read to go

:)

Ford Fiesta

do you have to do anything special when topping up the power steering and brake fluids?

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

I top my coolant (sp?) up myself, is this a bad thing to do? i use water and antifreeze.......

Ford Fiesta

No the coolant is just like window washer, Id suggest for you to use the pre mixed green renault stuff though.

you can get 1 litre bottles and this will last ages.

Not sure what mileage your coolant is drained and replaced??

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Erm its the second time in four months i have had to top up.....? Prob Boarder line for being ok? Only £8? Might try that, cheers guys

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

yeh i do mate.... i swear mine had an air bubble it in not so long ago... one day was nearly full the next it just vanished! I started a thread ages ago about it, its been ok since (touch wood) lol