ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 question !! noisy

test drove a 182 at a dealer and on acceleration (hard) it made a sound a bit like a supercharger /turbo (whooshing), is this normal, it wasnt a bad sound just wondered if it was normal ??does everyone else do this

thx

claire

Clio 197

Claire... its normal....

Although its normally aspirated, it does have a bit of a whirring sound to it.

Ive found that it gets even better if you change the standard air box, to something a bit more breathable....

PS Buy a 182!

its some funny flap in the piping. you can get rid of it if it annoys you.

you must have been giving it some beans on the test drive...

/y0z

hi, thx for your reasurances, i have tried 172s in the past but it had a more pronunced noise, YOZ yes i did give it some beans (rude not too).

thx, and looks like i will be buying one hehe

claire

Lee

BMW M2C

There is a much more obvious induction whistle on the 182 over the 172.

Theres also a lot more noise from the exhaust underneath the car than the 172 had.

he knows only too well after being in my super smooth super quiet(if you exclude the audio) 172 on sunday at the mids meet ;)

hey, funny you should say that, i test drove one last night and i noticed a whistle, sounded like a watered down M3, i was worried till they showed me a brand new one and that did the same.

sounds good in my opinion, and im buying the one i looked at, so fingers crossed...., go on buy one you know you want to

Lee

BMW M2C

Does this make you the first Cup owner to swap to a 182? Therell be a witch hunt from the Cup owners coming to hunt you down. LOL