ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 - Rattle/judder from boot floor

E92 M3, BG 182
Hi,
I've hot solid exhaust hangers on my 182 as the rubbers in the OEM hangers just destroy themselves after a couple of weeks (had two sets of OEM hangers on previously). I also have Ktech solid top mount and polyflex dogbone (not solid gearbox mount though) and when I engage the clutch and start moving off at low revs the boot floor rattles and judders like buggery. Was wandering if there is any way to get rid of this without going back to softer exhaust hangers?
Thanks,
Dave.

E92 M3, BG 182
Thanks for the suggestion but I already removed the heat shield. Pretty sure it's coming from the boot floor as a result of the solid hangers

182 Turbo
just a normal thing for those mods, if it overly bothers you, you can go back to the softer exhaust hangers or maybe drill more holes in your polyurethane hangers to try and give it a bit more room to flex

E92 M3, BG 182
£145 for 2 hangers!
I know, all in pursuit of rattle elimination. Well they sure stopped the exhaust moving at the back and removing the heat shield got rid of that rattling, but now it's just moved to the boot floor lol 🔨

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
You sure it's the boot floor ? What condition is the centre exhaust hanger in ? It might be hitting underneath the car here if it's knackered .

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
You could have dodgy engine or gearbox mounts. Can lead to exhaust movement and damaging mounts. Just a thought

E92 M3, BG 182
You could have dodgy engine or gearbox mounts. Can lead to exhaust movement and damaging mounts. Just a thought

I've got a Ktec solid engine mount and polybushed dogbone both of which I fitted myself but I never got round to fitting the Ktec top gearbox mount (and it got lost in a house move). If it could be that I should probably think about buying one and getting it done.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Does your gearstick move when you put your foot down? I was running the same without a solid gearbox mount and fitting a solid gearbox mount made a world of difference! Definitely worth doing