ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Rear Brake disc removal

Clio 182 Cup
Can anyone tell me the size of the socket i will need to remove the rear brake discs?

Is there anything I should watch out for when changing the discs as I am not super experienced with the spanners.

Thanks

182cup & 172 racecar
Do not lose the spacer washer that sit's behind the disc.

And loosen the hub nut with car on the ground first, then this needs to be done up to 175N when finished.

Clio 182 Cup
Well both brake disks replaced and I didn't lose the thrust washer on either side. Tightened up to 175NM and all seams well, just need to bed everything in.

Thanks to everyone for the help and information.

225 Cup & Williams
As Danny said. I managed to crack the washers on both sides when changing the discs on my 172. 1 week wait for new ones ffs.

172 cup
image.jpg
This ^

RS 182
Yeah Fred @ BTM told me yesterday, if the washer isn't there when i renew my disks, the bearing will be gubbed in a couple of weeks!

The wheel struggles spin with the washer missing ! How you would drive it without noticing is beyond me ! I had mine stick to the old disc and luckily put the disc on and span it ! Was blagged as to why it didnt spin ! Haha lucky boy !

Clio 182 Cup
The bearings feel out of one of the discs i changed, might of explained the noise and MOT fail. Important thing to note is the direction the washers come out, as one side is tapered, which goes on facing the inside of the car.