ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 REP?

1.216V Hologram Grey
hey guys im just wondering, I really want to create a 182 rep in my cars colour hologram grey, and baisically just wanted to know what fits straight on to my 1.2? exterior wise, :L as I might aswell get the easiest bits done first haha :) - I dont have much experience with this sort of thing :L

1.216V Hologram Grey
6902831740_b9d7e78337_b.jpg here you go Gary :)

2014 Clio 200t edc
Rear bumper, cup spoiler, front bumper with wider wings bolt straight on, but can be fitted to standard wings with a lot of work.
Nice colour too btw.

1.216V Hologram Grey
Rear bumper, cup spoiler, front bumper with wider wings bolt straight on, but can be fitted to standard wings with a lot of work.
Nice colour too btw.

ahhh brilliant thanks for your help :) i'll look around the market place for parts now :) and thanks!

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
For the effort I don't personally think its worth it. Would look nice with a 172 rear bumper, colour coded front and side bump strips, cup spoiler.

1.216V Hologram Grey
For the effort I don't personally think its worth it. Would look nice with a 172 rear bumper, colour coded front and side bump strips, cup spoiler.

hmmm yeahh I know what you mean.. but tbh im not thinking of changing the car for a while now (as im just about to turn 18) and insurance is a Bit*h even now and will be for a while, so im not looking for more power or anything, so id just like to make it look nice lol :L i think il take your advice on board and do it in stages.. it may look how i want it too with only a few changes :)

Will probably cost you just as much as the extra insurance premium to get all that work done tbh.

What a lovely colour! i have the most comon non sport colour which is silver seen in my avatar <<... I have modded mine slightly and was going to do a 172 rep, but once you start doing it you realise how much it really costs. and to be honest ive stopped wasting my money to make a wanna-be sport and just saving the money so i can get a real 172/182 in the future... by the way im only 18 too.

1.216V Hologram Grey
thanks for all the help and advice, ive asked my insurance company about it, and tbh it doesnt really make much difference to the already extortionate price im paying now lol! so that wouldnt be much of an issue..I guess the main problem would be how much each part would cost to get sprayed :S and thanks for your imput Gary and DCI RAZ, Gary Im liking your clio too :) how much do you think im looking at for the colour code side of things? :D

1.216V Hologram Grey
Don't see the point personally but each to their own.

I can see where your comming from.. but I'll not be able to afford insurance on a larger sized engine for a while.. so I might aswell create a little project...the car has just done 59k miles..so theres not even any point getting rid of it just yet either :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Without wishing to sound like your Dad... Have you checked with your insurance about mods yet before you go buying body parts !?

Not being funny but 'real' RS's are almost free these days. It's really not worth the bother. Just save your cash and you can have a proper car in much less time ! It'll cost you a fortune to get them bought and sprayed up. You can get Ph2 RS's for £1500 without trying very hard.

1.216V Hologram Grey
Without wishing to sound like your Dad... Have you checked with your insurance about mods yet before you go buying body parts !?

Not being funny but 'real' RS's are almost free these days. It's really not worth the bother. Just save your cash and you can have a proper car in much less time ! It'll cost you a fortune to get them bought and sprayed up. You can get Ph2 RS's for £1500 without trying very hard.

haha exactly what my dad said! ;) but yes I have checked! makes some difference but not a lot tbh! :L and hmmm i see...so a lot of people are against the idea? :p

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
In a few years time, you'll look back at it and go "What the F**K did I do that for?!".

Go on holiday with your mates, save for a house, blow it on booze and hoes but gluing bodywork on to a small French hatchback to make it look slightly more like something it's never going to be which you can already buy (for probably less than your current car is worth) is just daft.

Anyway, you won't listen to a word me or your Dad say so go on .. get on with it.

:coffee:

1.216V Hologram Grey
In a few years time, you'll look back at it and go "What the F**K did I do that for?!".

Go on holiday with your mates, save for a house, blow it on booze and hoes but gluing bodywork on to a small French hatchback to make it look slightly more like something it's never going to be which you can already buy (for probably less than your current car is worth) is just daft.

Anyway, you won't listen to a word me or your Dad say so go on .. get on with it.

haha no when you say it like that it does sound a bit of a daft idea tbf, im not closed minded..im happy to listen and take on board peoples opinions :) maybe il stick with a few less expensive changes ;)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Tbh, this might seem daft, but I have made my DCI into an almost visual 172 rep and I have come round to the conclusion, it's not worth it for a car thats not going to be anything like the reall one. On the other hand, its your pride and joy, you mod the way u want but be prepared for the things that come with it. Stay with the attitude of ' clean subtle and tidy ' rather than mod mod and then get upset in years to come when you look back.

Not trying to be rude or insulting btw :)

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
Agreed with the comments about save your cash! I'm 21 and wish I hadn't spent the money on modding my previous car. It was a 1.2 Punto, once it looked how I liked it I got bored with the lack of power and then couldn't sell it as quickly as most buyers want a totally original car. So when it came to buying my 182 I had less cash and had to wait even longer for my 1.2 to sell!

Save the money, I think your car looks nice as it is tbh!

Mini Cooper S sport

Haha couldn't have put it better myself!

Colour code it, but don't waste your money making it into a rep. By the time you've finished you could just buy the real thing.

1.216V Hologram Grey
okay thanks for all the comments guys :) i guess it does make sense..why spend the money to look like a sport...when i could just use the money to pay for a sport haha :) thanls for all your opinions i apreciate them :) i think il make small subtle changes for the time being then :p we'll see how things go :D and yep theyre 182's in Black :p and yeppp im from the Boston area...good old boston...lol -_-