ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 RS192 exhaust alternatives

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Hi there,

I ordered an RS192 catback system a few weeks ago however they are out of stock and will not be back before the end of Sept. Anyone know of good alternatives? I chose the 192 because its not horribly loud and looks well tested/engineered. I know they are made by Scorpion and I'm not really expecting any power increases etc. Although at £400 it seems like reasonable value.

I know exhausts have been covered lots of times but hoping someone could point me towards a similar (noise wise) system!

Cheers!
Rob,

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Rob
Is it the back box they are out of stock? As I have a brand new centre section I never used sat in the garage. So if they have a back box you are away!
Failing that the PMS system looks the choice du jour at the minute.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, another vote for PMS if you decide to go for another system.

Its a well made system, with fitment and adjustment thought out. Sounds quite subtle and the whole system barring the tailpipes are hidden from behind the bumper, so its more discrete than others.

I dont own one, its just from the ones I've seen recently so its a unbiased view.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
I did hear one recently after another forum member offered me a good deal on a nearly new one but thought they sounded a little loud compared to the 192... perhaps the one I heard had a decat... hmmmm

Well I've emailed RS192 back and hopefully they tell me its just the center which is out so I can buy RustyMojo's!

Thanks guys

Clio 182 cup
I did hear one recently after another forum member offered me a good deal on a nearly new one but thought they sounded a little loud compared to the 192... perhaps the one I heard had a decat... hmmmm

Well I've emailed RS192 back and hopefully they tell me its just the center which is out so I can buy RustyMojo's!

Thanks guys
I was looking for a exhaust a few weeks back the full system is out of stock till end of sep same with miltek, the only company on the Internet that had anything was Ktec.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Frayz, what do you think of it on the motorway etc?

Mines decatted and to be honest, under load, it’s got some bark, but at part throttle it’s very civilised with no drone that I am unhappy with.
Having said that, my car is more focussed than many and on a stock car this may deemed to be too intrusive.
I think with a cat in place it would be very very civilised indeed. It’s a very personal thing but what I will say, the tone is very grown up and sporty and even with a full decat there is no rasp at all.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Mines decatted and to be honest, under load, it’s got some bark, but at part throttle it’s very civilised with no drone that I am unhappy with.
Having said that, my car is more focussed than many and on a stock car this may deemed to be too intrusive.
I think with a cat in place it would be very very civilised indeed. It’s a very personal thing but what I will say, the tone is very grown up and sporty and even with a full decat there is no rasp at all.

Thank you, yes grown up is the phrase I should have used! I'm just waiting to hear back from a girl at RS192 but if they cannot supply just the back box it will be a PMS.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I had a PMS exhaust and kept the oem cat but welded on the de restrictor and it was perfect even on the motorway and I was doing around 120 miles a day.