ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 running (or not running) issues

Robmarriott

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182 Cup
Having some trouble with my 182, seemed to start yesterday and I tried a few things last night with no success.

The car is mechanically standard apart from a set of ported inlets and a decat.

When maintaining a steady speed, the car seems to cut out very temporarily before running normally again, not quite like a misfire, it feels more like it would if you turned the key off and on again quickly. Then on the way home, pulling up to a junction, it cut out completely but started again and when I left it idling at home for a few minutes, it cut out again.

Last night I had a look around the car, tried another throttle pedal as it only seemed to be doing it at part throttle, changed the coilpack for a spare, checked all the wiring I could easily get to, unplugging it all, cleaning the terminals and plugging it all back in.
Nothing seems to work.

There's no fault codes, no warning lights at all and it seems to only be at part throttle.

I have a trackday booked for the 30th and I'm not doing it if there's a running problem with the car so need to get it sorted pretty quickly.
What do I need to be looking at?

sounds like it could be the crank or cam sensor ? im in enstone chipping norton not far from you your welcome to come over an try my sensors , i have a runway here you can drive up and down to see if it cuts out