ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Sidelight Bulb Replacement !

Black 197
OMG is it me or is it a reet fecker to change the drivers side bulb !.. Bought the bulbs from Halfrauds for a remarkable £1.59 (501's) popped the bonnet tucked my head down to realise they aint no fecking room to slip my hand in... Is it easier to undo the headlight ?? Would get the GF to do it but i got visions of wires coming out and no bulb lol..

Any help would be appreciated !!

Rossy182

Burg 172-Charge Ti Duster
Personally, take the engine cover off(4 torx bolts) and it gives an extra inch to squeeze your paw in, its still tight though!!!

I think the french hand smaller hands. . .

Insignia SRi
Iv had the same problem with doing mine a few times and the only way I can do it is to take the engine cover off and get someone with small hands to do it!!!

Really wasnt thought out very well!!

Black 197
THX for the input chaps... Will remove the cover later to see if i can get my hand in... And i thought having big hands was a good thing lol

54 plate, Arctic Blue 182
Rossy come see me, i done mine the other day, its tight but i have ET fingers ;)

no removal of anything let me know :rasp:

BMW M135i
Am I the only person in the world that doesn't struggle changing bulbs on them? (and no i haven't got girly hands either)

clio 172
I was working on my 172 2002 yesterday trying to replace a Hid Bulb Bugger i managed to get it out but managed to Break replacement on the way back :eek::eek: So back to one Light Can the D2S bulb be replaced with the headlight in Place or Do i have to remove Bumper is so can someone please send us a Link

Ive check the Forum but these appear to be locked (Bumper Removal )

Thanks All Mups :rasp:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
easy to change in mine :D no engine in the way... take them out anyway looks alot better

Tangoed Works
piece of pie when i did mine, even spliced in resistors in the limited space on mine as they were low consumption leds.

Strewth, if you think the sidelights are tricky, try the headlamps! The drivers side headlmap is a nightmare because of the AC pipes. Sidelights are quite easy.

Black 197
Rossy come see me, i done mine the other day, its tight but i have ET fingers ;)

no removal of anything let me know :rasp:

Rob P.M when your ready as im free all week.. Im in Wallington/sutton later so if your available you could give me a hand.. Jeez 2 man job for a sidelight ROFL !

Ta all