ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Makavelli's Racing Blue 15/07/05 - Present

VRS
Seeing as i have finally got the 182 pretty much how i want it, i thought i would start the process of organizing all the photos and pitching it all up in a thread :D

So here goes.......................................................................................

Heres a pic of my old dynamique as it was when i sold it, i have to look back and laugh at what must have been going through my mind when i fitted the peco exhasut, 17's, k-tec grill and painted drums but imo its all part of the learning curve :approve:

TheOldBus.jpg

I made the decision to look at new cars and fell in love with the racing blue 182's that i had seen in the renault brochures so i made a very prompt decision to look for one on the monda and ended up picking one up of the trader on the friday :) heres she is when i got here, 15th July 05 and completley standard with 7000 miles and about 9 months old:

FirstDay1.jpg

FirstDay2.jpg

FirstdayJune05.jpg

StandardInterior-1.jpg

Silvervisions went in straight away out of the old dynamique and i also popped the sony h/u in, not the best h/u but it matched the silver inserts nicely:

182SonyHU.jpg

As soon as the dvla sorted my plate out that went on:

PrivatePlate-1.jpg

PrivatePlate3-1.jpg

In Oct 05 i went to my first CS meet in the 182, it was a midlands meet in lichfield:

FirstMeetLichfieldOct05.jpg

At the end of Oct 05 i picked up some Gaz Coilies and fred fitted them for me, at the time Gaz were the only coilies available, iirc h&r's were just being released but tbh i wasnt interested in paying 1K when the car is never going to see a track and will only be used mainly for work commuting and a bit of weekend fun, fred fitted them for me and i got them tracked and tweaked at a local garage which deals with motorsport:

GazOct05.jpg

On fred's drive:

FredsOct05.jpg

after they had been fitted i gave them the once over and tidied up the cables ect:

GazOct052.jpg

GazOct053.jpg

GazOct054.jpg

GazOct055.jpg

GazOct056.jpg

GazOct057.jpg

GazOct058.jpg

and for what its worth i have been running these since oct 05 and they have been great, yes they are firmer than the likes of h&r's but i have found a really good balance with the set up i have :D

a pic when i got back from freds:

Lowered.jpg

after seeing a few threads on here i opted to get a cut down plate made up at fancy plates

old vs new:

CutPlateOct05.jpg

fitted:

CutPlateOct052.jpg

As winter 05 was approaching the car had a good cleam and i decided to start tinkering with the engine bay :D
I got a strut brace from demon tweaks, bought a carbon fibre engine cover off a fellow cs member and picked up an itg panel filter, the carbon effect battery cover was bought off ebay and i tweaked it for a nice snug fit over the battery rail :)

the car felt a little better with the panel filter and imo the strut brace did tighten up the front end.

Oct05EngineBay-1.jpg

in January 06 i picked up a red hillpower elbow and fitted it with its little sticker lol

Jan06Hillpower.jpg

Jan06Viper.jpg

i also went all out and picked up a pipercross viper black mamba from 2modified.com, the car absolutely roared with the viper although performance gains were minimal

at the end of jan 06 the car made its first 'slammed' outing at a nw meet at the stoke pizza hut:

Jan06NWMeet.jpg

Jan06NWMeet2.jpg

in feb 06 i tapped a kerb when parking and cracked my splitter, enter the ghetto fix, gulf stylee:

Feb06Splitter.jpg

it was only cracked so when i got home i reinforced it and glueed it back together, that weekend when driving home from the gf's this happened:

Feb06Badger.jpg

a badger ran out and took me out :(

i needed a new bumper, radiator, air con condensor, lower grill, undertray :(

a fair few nw members helped me to source parts and helped with info so i could fix it up myself to save costs :)

enter the ghetto fix so i could get to work whilst sourcing new parts

Feb06Badger2.jpg

in the garage getting fixed up, i opted to fit a lower CAF whilst i was fitting all the new bits:

Feb06badgerRepairAndCAF.jpg

all sorted, the garage sprayed some fog light surrounds which i didnt realise were in the pack with the new bumper so i put them on as well

Feb06Repaired.jpg

in march 06 i picked up a prospeed exhaust off a cs member from scotland so i went up north to pick it up, it was a beast and made a lovely note :)

March06Prospeed.jpg

the only problem was because it was custom made for another clio it never quite sat right and always hung too low on mine :( i made do eith it as i got it for a bargain though :)
i picked up a yozza decat to liven it up even more :)

at the end of march 06 i saw pics of tims engine bay and decided to try and get my inlet pipes polished so with a lot of wet and dry,autosol, and blistered fingers, i managed to do this, i alos picked up some hillpower strut covers:

March06POlishedPipesAndFuelRail.jpg

March06PolishedPipesAndFuelRail2.jpg

in april 06 i was getting set for my first car show (fcs 06) so i decided to paint the calipers yellow, using hammerite smooth, this was so much easier to use than standard caliper paint, and a lot cheaper, 1 pot supplies enough to do all the calipers and leaves ennough to do annual top ups:

April06YellowCalipers.jpg

April06YellowCalipers2.jpg

the 182 went to its first show fcs 06, mark had sprayed my badges and dash inserts brrom yellow to match my calipers for me ready for the show, really enjoyed the show and had a good laugh convoying up and getting a train of northwesters lost on the way back:

May06YellowInserts-1.jpg

May06FCS.jpg

May06FCS2.jpg

May06FCSYellowBadge.jpg

FCSMay06YellowBadge2.jpg

may 06 and i bought a vice 12" active sub to give me some base, i opted for the active sub as it was easy to set up and could be removed in 5mins if i needed the boot, i also put my boot tidy in form the old dynamique to tidy up all the random bits i had in the car, oh yea and i got a set of rainbow comps for for the front of the car aswell :):

May06VibeSubandRainbowComps.jpg

i popped some led sidelight in but havent got any pics of them :(

at the end of may i picked up a partly polished set of inlets off ali, the top one had been awt matched but the bottom one needed doing, i tidied it up be giving it a good polish and painting the top black to hide the bits that are too tricky to polish lol, i also spotted an itg maxogen on ebay that was mispelled so picked it up for very very cheap ;)

AWTInletMay06.gif

May06AWTInletAndMaxogen.jpg

in july 06 i fitted some dynamat i bought off maz so help with my bass lol

July06DynamatBoot.jpg

mark also sprayed my engine cover in panther black and candy red and sprayed the strut brace to match, i sold the carbon cover as you had to take the brace off everytime you need to get to the manifold and with my polishing it all the time it pissed me off lol

July06EngineCoverandBrace.jpg

at a nw meet i realised that painting braces isnt good as the paint heats up and get stuck to the under bonnet insulation, resulting in a fluffy brace lol

DontPaintBracesJuly06.jpg

i trimmed the insulation to try and help but it didnt lol so in august i picked up some dynamat hoodliner which is designed to protect bonnets from the engine temps, i opted to make it look fancy by cutting it to fit the single skin parts of the bonnet :)

July06TrimBonnetLiner.jpg

Aug06Hoodliner.jpg

at the end of august 06 i picked up some misanos, yet again for an absolute bargain :D they are sooo comfy and the ride height and grip is superb, they went in really easy and took about 2 hours to fit:

Aug06Misano2.gif

Aug06Misano3.gif

Aug06Misano.gif

in sept 06 i picked up some blue piping to tidy up the engine bay and add to the colour coded theme

i also picked up a blue hillpower bend and sold the red one

Sept06bluePiping-1.jpg

sept 06 was trax and the car was loking loooooow :)

Sept06Trax-1.jpg

Sept06LowTrax-1.jpg

in oct 06 i picked up a carbon look fuse box cover to match the battery cover and i also had my badges and inserts sprayed liquid yellow by mark

Oct06CarbonFuseBoxBlueHillpower.jpg

Oct06LiquidYellow.jpg

december came and i got my inlets finished by benr, after soo many attempts to fit it i finally managed to get all the bolts out and fitted my new inlets:

Dec06AWTMani.jpg

Dec06AWTMani2.jpg

the car seemed to pick up really well with them fitted so off i popped a few days after christmas to rstuning so paul could giv her a new map :) this was the best mod yet and the car was flying back from leeds :)

i also packed my exhaust mounts to try and tuck up the prospeed a little but better as the sagging was really getting to me :(

Dec06MountFix.jpg

as 07 came along i fitted a polished top mount and had another engine cover spray job done by mark lol

Dec06PolishedMount.jpg

Jan07EngineCover.jpg

i fitted a megane footrest for me, christopher and middo

Jan07Footrest.jpg

and i finally caved in to the pc bug lol

Jan07PC.gif

in feb 07 i treated myself to an alpine h/u and an ipod dock as well as a snap on seat cover :)

Feb07SeatCoverAlpineIpod.jpg

march 07 and the turinis came i sourced 4 trophy turinis off here and cliotrophy and had them refurbed in a pewter colour

March07Turinis.jpg

the car met its buddies at the nw racing blue meet

March07RBmeet.jpg

in april 07 i put a 3/4 plate on and had another set of badges done to match the wheels lol

April07Badgesand34Plate.jpg

my bro in law reworked the exhaust bracket sto get the prospeed to sit nice and snug

April07ExhaustMount.jpg

i also picked up some justmattz to tidy up the interior

April07Justmattz.jpg

in may 07 a btb came up for grabs so i got that fitted asap and it was immense, the fit was perfect and the sound and midrange gains were awesome

May07BTB-1.jpg

th_MOV00236.jpg

at the end of may i had my brace and engine hook powdercoated to match the car, the powdercoat finish was much more durable than paint and laquer, the bonnet had a repsray to get out any chips and i had them spray the underneath as well to tidy it up with the silver hoodliner :)

May07BlueBrace-1.jpg

june 07 saw a new style rs badge and a damn goo pc'ing, i also fitted the black fog surrounds as the others were geting chipped

June07RSBadge.jpg

June07Clean.jpg

June07BlackFogs.jpg

sept 07 and the rb met up with the yellow sub

Sept07YellowSub-1.jpg

oct 07 and i fitted the F1 stickers and interior leds from the group but, i got blue interior lights and they are nice and tidy

Oct07F1Badge.jpg

dec 07 and i opted to get dot 5.1 fluid, brembo max discs and carbon lorraine pads, these were awesome and i ran them all winter, the only downside was they ate my wheels so they had to come off in the end :( its a shame as the braking was amazing

Dec07CarbonLorrainesDiscsandFluid.jpg

i swapped them for greenstuffs as the car only gets road use, the greens are good as a replacement for standard but not a patch on the cl's

march 08 and i hit another badger but luckily it just took out my splitter

March08Splitter.gif

so i ordered a k-tec carbon splitter and took the car to birchdown for its 36k and cambelt, steve and andy did an awesome job and fitted the splitter for me to :)
i got my 2 front wheels refurbed (after borrowing marks f1 for a trial lol)

April08F1Refurb.jpg

and that brings us to present, the car how she sits on the driveway today :D

i hope you enjoyed the read, ive probably missed stuff out but i will add things as i remember them lol

April08Refurbcarbon.jpg

Aril08RefurbCarbon.jpg

andy

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
My favourite 182, no question!!!!

Attention to detail and general mintness is spot on!

I've ordered a carbon splitter and booked two of my Turinis in for refurb Andy... once i'm PC'd we have to meet up again.

Again, faultless car! Amazing. :approve:

Porsche Boxster987S
one of the best reads ive had on here. the car is complete perfection imo. everything just looks spot on. LOVE the look of the engine bay

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Great read that mate. Made even better by the Ali Semi polished inlet!! ;)

Torn between who's is nicer, yours or chris...But both of you need 4 pods to finish it! Seek Dave's advice for that one!

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Sweet, really sweet :)

Those Hillpower top mount covers, do they literally just clip on and cover the top mounts for aesthetics? I like them :)

Dan

VRS
cheers all :D

keep finding things ive missed like the shortened ariel, hard wired road angel, new rear pads etc but i think i got most of it down lol

My favourite 182, no question!!!!

Attention to detail and general mintness is spot on!

I've ordered a carbon splitter and booked two of my Turinis in for refurb Andy... once i'm PC'd we have to meet up again.

Again, faultless car! Amazing. :approve:

cheers fella, ive got to give mine a good pc for summer then a few coats of supernatural and i will be set for some piccies :D

Great read that mate. Made even better by the Ali Semi polished inlet!! ;)

Torn between who's is nicer, yours or chris...But both of you need 4 pods to finish it! Seek Dave's advice for that one!

lol the inlets worth double seeing as it was yours ;)

4pots would be nice but would have to be ap's, but 1500notes plus fitting :eek:

Sweet, really sweet :)

Those Hillpower top mount covers, do they literally just clip on and cover the top mounts for aesthetics? I like them :)

Dan

they have magnets on them so you just pop them on lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
That sir is a f**king peach!!!! Always has been. How an RS Clio should be modded, show and go!!!! :)

Focus RS Mk1
Lol at all the engine cover changes!

lovely looking car, under the bonnet looks too fussy imo. i think it sht eblue hoses you added. just a little touch too far.

rest of it is awesome though

M

mini-valver

Amazing as ever mate.

One mod you forgot......Your second private plate to go with that vest in the first few pics ;)

VRS
Amazing as ever mate.

One mod you forgot......Your second private plate to go with that vest in the first few pics ;)

you dare to mock my summer pimp vest :evil: :rasp:

i will have to pop up and see you and mark soon so i can catch a glimpse of the vts :D

**also just remembered that i got a set of samco coolant hoses off tim and fitted them late on last year but havent got any piccies (for once lol)**

182 ff with cup pack's
i remember 2 year's ago when i started looking at clio's and saw this and i knew i had to get a 1