ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 spare wheel - or lack of it.

Seeing as the forum had a hiccup before I could check for replies, I will make another posting :)

Hi Guys & Gals, Im relatively new to this forum & would like some help on a query. Im taking delivery of a new 182 in the next few weeks & would like to know:

1) Possibility of aquiring a wheel & tyre for use as a spare on long journeys.

2) Rough idea of the cost.

3) Anything else I need to know lol

Ive seen a couple of posts relating to the problem of no spare for the 182 but nothing seemed to be conclusive.

Any help/info will be greatly appreciated :)

172, Tiguan

Im sure your Renault parts department can supply you with a wheel and tyre. I would guess your looking at £125 for the wheel and about £75+ for a Michelin.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Just buy any old Renault wheel from a scrappy - one off a Megane will do fine. As long as its got a legal tyre it will do to get you home.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 14 June 2004

Im sure your Renault parts department can supply you with a wheel and tyre. I would guess your looking at £125 for the wheel and about £75+ for a Michelin.
£75! Really, where are you getting these from, I have been quoted £130 a tyre, would love to know where I can get them for £75?

dk

911 GTS Cab

oh ok, well if anyone does see a good deal on them, let us know as after this track day next mont, I may be getting near to needing some!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 14 June 2004

oh ok, well if anyone does see a good deal on them, let us know as after this track day next mont, I may be getting near to needing some!
You are going to use Exaltos for trackdays? You must be a wealthy man!

big red bus

Do you have a spare wheel holder ? or u gona dump it in the boot ? cos IIRC they got rid of it in the 182 due toi the exhaust ?

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 14 June 2004

yep im wealthy (but not wealthy enough to be able to afford 4 spare wheels with slicks!;))

Do you have a spare wheel holder ? or u gona dump it in the boot ? cos IIRC they got rid of it in the 182 due toi the exhaust ?

one of the reasons im not getting a 182

Quote: Originally posted by Type_Mo on 14 June 2004

I was intending to just dump it in the boot - not on a permanent basis, just when doing long journeys.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 14 June 2004

one of the reasons im not getting a 182
bit of a silly reason not to buy a car IMHO, that was the last thing on mine when I bought it!

Its not a reason that I was worried about when deciding what car to go for lol, I was just curious as to what other forum members that have a 182 have done/would do ;)

Renault Laguna Coupe

yep im wealthy (but not wealthy enough to be able to afford 4 spare wheels with slicks!;))
lol! 15"s / slicks certainly cheaper than Exaltos in the long run if you do a lot of trackdays! If youre only doing the occasional one though theres no point.

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 14 June 2004Im sure your Renault parts department can supply you with a wheel and tyre. I would guess your looking at £125 for the wheel and about £75+ for a Michelin.[/QUOTE]£75! Really, where are you getting these from, I have been quoted £130 a tyre, would love to know where I can get them for £75?

£176.5 for a brand new wheel with a brand new PE2 tyre, including delivery from France, thats the price I have. (ad 21% of VAT if you want a bill, cr*ppy taxes !).

Full set for £705.4 with delivery (will have to deliver each wheel with tyre separately). Still ad 21% for a bill

Pics here:
http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=3&TopicID=90268&PagePosition=5

If 3 other people want a spare wheel, its okay.

I may be able to get a full set of wheels this weekend, people who FIRMLY want one, tell it.

I have to buy them at first, I dont want to put money on something Ill have to keep for a while.

Once I have 4 people for a spare wheel, I can send a spare wheel to each person.

dk

911 GTS Cab

lol! 15"s / slicks certainly cheaper than Exaltos in the long run if you do a lot of trackdays! If youre only doing the occasional one though theres no point.
you are right and I would do that but this is my first track day and Im only doing it because it is organised by Renault and is the safest track, I may not do another one (or then again I may really enjoy and do loads more, then I will consider your option.)

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by b0redtodeath on 14 June 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Type_Mo on 14 June 2004

I was intending to just dump it in the boot - not on a permanent basis, just when doing long journeys.

r u sure it will fit in, they are quite big and the clio boot is not massive, especially with the slanting seat?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Dave - youll do more trackdays mate - its a bug that bites I tell ya!

[Edited by telford_mike on 14 June 2004 at 3:34pm]

dk

911 GTS Cab

Dave - youll do more trackdays mate - its a bug that bites I tell ya!

[Edited by telford_mike on 14 June 2004 at 3:34pm]
after seeing Toms exaltos, I may hide away for a few weeks after the trackday in shame of putting my car though it and saving up for a new set. I hope it was only because of the track conditions!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Yeah it was pretty rough at Blyton Park. I was pleasantly surprised at the level of tyre wear the first time I went to Bedford (or maybe I was driving like a puppy!).

V6 255, 172's, JCW,

hmmm.. id be interested in a spare for my 182/cup!! Anyone know for sure how much a wheel and tyre is in this country?

r u sure it will fit in, they are quite big and the clio boot is not massive, especially with the slanting seat?

I have no idea if it would fit or not - havent got my car yet :) . Could someone that has a spare wheel stick one on their boot and see if there IS any room? Im not looking to stick an alloy in it, just a cheapo steel wheel & tyre to save me having to drive at 10mph on nothing but a can of silly string.