ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Sport Non cup Suspension to regular clio 1.2, 1,4, 1,6

Clio Sport 182
Hello all
I would like to ask you something?
What I would like to ask you is if my standard 182 non cup suspension can be fitted to a non sport Clio. My mate bought my old car clio 1.6 16v privilege and I was thinking if he can fit my suspension.
Recently I changed my suspension (182 non cup) with new Eibach springs and 172 cup shocks and the bits that came out of my car are actually as new as the suspension was refreshed by the previous owner not long before I buy it.

Regards
Paris

Clio 172 Merc ML55
There's about 4mm difference on the bolt spacing for the hub to strut mounting (5mm on your sport setup and 58 on non sport I believe), I've never tried a sport spring on non sport shock so can't advise on fitment there though

MG ZR x2, Polo, CTR
Different bolt spacing on the shocks makes it difficult (but not impossible)
As far as I know springs are interchangeable, but oem sport ones are stiffer.

I'm sure I saw somewhere some 40mm lowering springs for a 1.6, that lowered a sport 30mm. Might have been marketing waffle though.

Clio 2.0 16v 182
You can fit the 182 suspension to non sports. To do this you will need the 182 strut (Spring, top mount obviously) as well as the hub and driveshaft. The hub is so the strut bolt spacing isn't a problem and the driveshaft is so you are 100% sure you've got the correct abs setup (or lack of).

I've seen a lot of people change over the subframe and wishbones but in my experience there's absolutely no difference.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Sport springs are not good, the dampers are designed for different spring heights so it just runs on the bottom of the dampers. You have to change driveshafts. hubs, wishbones, struts and springs.