ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 sport remap?

Hi all,

I am a new member and a new 182 driver (which I absolutely love). The car has covered 35k on a 04 plate and is standard other than a pipercross induction kit.

I wondered what your views were on remapping? Is it advisable? I was recommended a remap after having the pipercross induction kit fitted.

Thanks in advance,

Gary ;)

Last edited:
Hi gary welcome to the forum.

remapping is definately worth it, you should see a gain of about 8bhp and 10 lb/ft, which doesn't sound alot but is carried al the way across the rev range, and mpg will improve too

the best place for having a cliosport remapped on here is regarded as RStuning, based in leeds. You will get a before and after readouts from the rolling road to prove the gains

www.rstuning.co.uk

Thank you for the welcome and your reply :approve:

I am very tempted to go ahead with a remap but I am slightly worried about the insurance and whether the one year warranty will become void?

320d
If its an aftermarket warranty I wouldn't worry tbh. With insurance its up to you whether you declare it, its not a obvious mod though if you catch my drift.

Matched inlets would also go well with your remap. If you do a search in here you'll find lots of info on here.

IIRC A lad on here had matched inlets and a remap done and got an extra 7bhp at the wheels, which if you know anything about rolling roads is a fair bit after the transmission losses.

You have two main options. The first is with RStunuing - this is a live map and will probably set you back around £300 - no doubting it is the best system but is very expensive.

The main system all the other tuning companies use is based on a 'drag and drop' system produced by a highly regarded ecu engineer over in Holland. This is called the RStuner system. Although you will probably get slightly less output (1-2bhp) with this system, it is also half the price if you know where too look ;)

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I would advise the RStuning option go see paul at leeds.

But if you go fo the RStuner option, buy it from Fastchip from Henk, you will get your set of software to use on your lap top and this also allows you to do live runs in your car on the road. Henk also updates maps so if he does you can download it and then load it on to your car straight away.

clio 182 @ 179.5bhp
New to the forum myself and I am booked in for a map with Paul at RS Tuning for next wednesday after the feedback ive read on here. All I will have done is ITG Pannel and remap. Didnt bother with matched inlets as ive read that the later 182 with rs stamped on the inlets dont see much gain.