ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 sports cat is it worth it???

hi all
this is my first post so hello lol,
have been reading on here for a while and have found a 182 sports cat on ktec racing are these worth it, or dont they really show any gains compared to normal ones, also is the ktec one the same as the gdi one, i have a 182 buy the way and dont want a decat
thanks colin

182 and 5 GTT
Ive got a prospeed sports cat on mine. Does make a noticable difference i think, not as good as a decat but i cant be bothered to change my cat over for mots etc.

IMO no its not.

However if your happy to spend a bit of cash on the car for a small gain then yes do it.

Personally I would rather get another car with more power to begin with.

182 and 5 GTT
Saying that though the only reason ive got a sports cat is because it was on the exhaust that i bought already and i got it for a good price! Otherwise i would have got a decat.
Its not hard to swap them over on a 182, im just lazy! Also decats arnt road legal as they dont pass emissions tests on the mot so if you stack your car with it on, then your insurance probably wont pay out.

Clio 172 mk2
FredYozzasport said:
decat - yes, you become a man with lots of friends

sport cat - erm..........

Typical response there lol

I'd say the sports cat is a good buy.....does make a noticable difference:D

Lionel Richie
Neil G said:
Typical response there lol

I'd say the sports cat is a good buy.....does make a noticable difference:D

yeah sorry about that, it comes from watching Catchphrase as a child! "say what you see"

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
I get huuuuge bangs and pops and thuds when it's cold for about 2-3 mins.
Decat btw, but I used to get this with the cat on (cat back system) but no where near as loud.

BMW M3
Maybe its cause of the Janspeed backbox, but mine pops away for a few minutes before warming up. Usually only when slowing down in a low gear.

Don't bother with sports cat. Get a de-cat, they are easier to change over to old cat for mot on 182's.