ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 Stainless exhaust question

Mk2 172
Why do some aftermarket exhausts for 182's have 1 rear silencer and some have 2?? Does anyone know the real reason?? 1 is more popular now but why?
Is it weight, ease of manufacturing, noise related, etc etc

Anyone?

Dan

Lionel Richie
noise and weight/packaging, axle clearance

we were the first to do the single silencer jobbie (they all do it now ;))

try and find a 182 system that weighs less than 16kg, meets 98db regs, is fully TIG welded and is just proper bo for £450

Mk2 172
noise and weight/packaging, axle clearance

we were the first to do the single silencer jobbie (they all do it now ;))

try and find a 182 system that weighs less than 16kg, meets 98db regs, is fully TIG welded and is just proper bo for £450

Im thinking of having a custom one made cos i hate all the tail pipe designs on all the aftermarket choices. The place that has quoted me want to use 2 small rear silencers tho. Was just curious. Not too bothered tho cos the BTB is apparently the best 182 exhaust and that has 2 rear silencers :)

Lionel Richie
^they can do if they want, more work for them though!

"apparently" is the best, i debate that point, but then i would!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Im thinking of having a custom one made cos i hate all the tail pipe designs on all the aftermarket choices. The place that has quoted me want to use 2 small rear silencers tho. Was just curious. Not too bothered tho cos the BTB is apparently the best 182 exhaust and that has 2 rear silencers :)

cant Yoz get you in diff pipes, Honestly Dan alot of work for the zorst just save money and get a Y/S one, you heard mine and liked it